Knee Pads?

jaan

That's it, I've to get those ones. Thank you Fivemeister.

661 knee pads sizes are quite small. Size XL seems to be suitable for me. Perhaps the sizes are so small because of these knee pads are designed for young and lean mountain bikers?

6495-24.jpg

AAWWW where is your sense of Adventure (Stupidity) just wear shorts!!

Oh yea exhaust header pipes are hot!!! :thumbup:

On a more serious note:

Do the knee pads actually provide a fair amount of protection to make them worthwhile to wear?

Or is it more of a mental boost. You feel more secure therefore more confident, therefore less mistakes.

I really like the sixsixone ankle braces that I use but I think they are more of a "security blanket" than actual protection.

If I am not wearing them I just don't feel right. and lose a bit of confidence.

I bashed my elbow on a rock at a trial on sunday and am now considered some kind of protection. My riding gear is the Clice trials lycra two piece outfit. Do the sixsixone knee and elbow pads fit beneath the Clice suit, or do any of you wear trials clothing with knee and elbow protection not on show?

Size XL seems to be suitable for me

Yeah they are sized quite small. I don't have big legs but needed the large.

I have tried them under trousers (Jitsie - not so stretchy at the knee) but found it too restrictive and hard to adjust if they moved around whilst active. I find it much better to wear them on the outside and despite getting muddy, they rinse off / wash very well.

They are actually designed to be worn under clothing so with a more stretchy pant than the jitsie, they would probably be OK.

AAWWW where is your sense of Adventure (Stupidity) just wear shorts!!

Oh yea exhaust header pipes are hot!!! :thumbup:

On a more serious note:

Do the knee pads actually provide a fair amount of protection to make them worthwhile to wear?

Or is it more of a mental boost. You feel more secure therefore more confident, therefore less mistakes.

I really like the sixsixone ankle braces that I use but I think they are more of a "security blanket" than actual protection.

If I am not wearing them I just don't feel right. and lose a bit of confidence.

If you ride rocks, you may need them! I should show you the cuts that granite has taken out of my Answer Apex guards!

Cheap too, as I think the youth versions that are just about rite for trials cost about $15! I could have spent much more in stitches and bandaids! They just tuck in the top of the boots externally. Elbow pads will tuck under a jersey if need be! The rocks will hurt you! Bad!

A friend of mine contacted the firm 661 and they told that Tomcat is designed specifically for motocross, not for mountain bikers. Any ideas anyone what's the difference between knee pad model for motocross and model for mountain bikers? Which one would be better for trial?

Models intended for mountain biking have to be comfortable breathable and flexible - to accomodate lots movement when peddling. Trials has lots of movement, both in riding the bike and walking the sections. Rigid protection for these sports wouldn't be very practical.

Instead of the "hard shell" type, i bought a pair of padded Neoprene Knee sleeve pads from Proline. These fit under my Jitsie trousers fine, i know they won't offer the same sort of protection as the Hard shell type but they don't restrict movement though they they do feel as they hold all the components of the Knee together !

I'm looking to get some 661 Kyle Strait knee pads but I'm a bit worried about size as someone mentioned that they're a tad on the small side. I'd imagine I'd want a large or x-large but wondered if anyone with these sizes could measure around their thigh/shin where the elastic sits and let me know what fits what. I can't find anywhere local that sells them to try them on.

Sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijack but didn't think it justified a new thread with this one going on.

Thanks in advance.

Allan.

Oh, forgot to mention, what's the deal with the standard, patriot and earth 'Kyle Straits', just colour or is there more to it?

Edited by Maude