Good To See The Acu Has Just Ruined Trials

trialsnutterman

It been bad enough having to ride the British Champs under these rubbish rules but now all trials are going to sufferer the same fate!

I guess we will see a total demise of the number of riders just like in the British Champs which at the moment isn't even worth the organisers running the entrys are that low.

Maybe the only hope is if all the clubs go back to the full no stop rules, that's if there allowed?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True non stop is the only answer to take the pressure off observers and sections must be laid out with this in mind.I am 100% sure that this would also bring trials entries back.

Edited by mattp

It been bad enough having to ride the British Champs under these rubbish rules but now all trials are going to sufferer the same fate!

I guess we will see a total demise of the number of riders just like in the British Champs which at the moment isn't even worth the organisers running the entrys are that low.

Maybe the only hope is if all the clubs go back to the full no stop rules, that's if there allowed?

Not quite sure what you a mean, just what has the ACU done to ruin all trials?

I know I should present a reasoned,logical argument for the introduction of these rules but all I can say is that all the Trials and Enduro Committe has done is make legal what is already happening. With my personal head on all I can say is that anyone who believes that full no stop is the greatest thing since hovis went sliced is talking out of their a***. I was introduced to trials during the 70's when we didn't have instant results and to find out the number of 5's you had been given for a momentary stop when the results arrived through the door used to drive me demented, I can't imagine the arguments that would ensue when riders are being given these 5's on the spot. Of course what these people really want is trials of the same severity to the ones in the 70's, if the world had known that then the manufacturers could have saved themselves 35 years work making bikes that actually work. Instead of jumping straight in and whinging I wish people would just look at what has actually happened

At least this means that there will only now be two sets of rules instead of three!

And afterall lets be honest, how often do you see an observer give a 'one' for stopping, or a 'two' for a stationary dab, never mind a 'five' for a stationary bounce?

I do admit that a hell of a lot of the observers these days don't mark you for a stop but most of the riders don't know a 100% for sure so they try to keep there stops to a minimum, now they've been told they can stop for as long as they want that's what they'll do and they'll take forever to get through the sections.

I wasn't even born in the 70's so I'm not quite sure where your coming from there, I'd personally like to remain with the old stop for a one rule but with it observed correctly, the main reason it's no longer observed correctly in my opinion is that the sections are often laid out to tight and I don't personally think that tight turns are needed to make trials hard enough.

Now if I had to choose between full no stop and this new rule, I'd choose Full No Stop every time.

The one thing our sport needs above all else is a consistant set of rules from grass roots to World Champ level. At least we now have that for those clubs who want to run their trials 'the modern way'. For those clubs who run 'no-stop' I am sure they will continue as they are. As a rider, the biggest probelm is knowing what rules I am being marked against and if you ask an observer chances are they don't know either. So all organises please, please, please post details in your event adverts what rules you are using!!!!!

no stopping for quick stop,i observe sometimes this will make marking a lot easier,a lot of riders have a stop for a second so i have allways let them get away with it,the only way to make trials no stop is to take the clutch lever of bikes as they enter section,then we could limit each bike to a qaurter of throttle,then make all riders use old tyres with max 2mm tread,then all bikes to be 50 years old with no mods.that will stop people coming to trials.well done acu in at last doing the right thing.when i used to ride reguarly 10 years ago we had good entries with 2009 rules.with preasant rules entries gone done, if we get 30 riders at moment we think it a good entry.

So all organises please, please, please post details in your event adverts what rules you are using!!!!!

I have added an additional "ACU Rules Applied" field to the TC Events Calendar so users of that can now specify which rules are being applied when they post an event.

At least this means that there will only now be two sets of rules instead of three!

And afterall lets be honest, how often do you see an observer give a 'one' for stopping, or a 'two' for a stationary dab, never mind a 'five' for a stationary bounce?

I know one! :rolleyes: And hes a right idiot :thumbup: especially when he gives you a '5' for only 4 hops to the side :rolleyes:

In my opinion i would like a rule when stopping is allowed, but obviously within reason otherwise people will over do it.