Good To See The Acu Has Just Ruined Trials

trialsnutterman

As an organiser, route/section planner, observer and rider the rules need to be simple and readily understandable.

In many trials, as we'll all know, a lot of observers don't know the rules that well after being pushed into doing the job as the club are struggling

to find a volunteer one cold and frosty morning.

So the rules have to be made easy to grasp in a short space of time, don't they?

Eiger

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of observers don't know the rules that well after being pushed into doing the job

I would agreed 100% with that, its stupid how at some trials the hardest section of the day (and probably the section can make or break a riders result) has an observer who doesnt know what they are doing.

so lennie, do you ever observe ,or set out at a trial to be such an expert?

I bring someone with me nearly every time I ride to observe and have helped set out a few trials.

Never seen lennie observe, maybe he has set out the odd trial but he has never had the c of c badge I'm sure.

Its been quite a long time since I have seen you at a trial so I dont really see how you can comment on what i do or do not do accuratly, anyway I quite like the fact I havent seen you for ages because you are a bellend.

Edited by Lennie

I bring someone with me nearly every time I ride to observe and have helped set out a few trials.

Its been quite a long time since I have seen you at a trial so I dont really see how you can comment on what i do or do not do accuratly, anyway I quite like the fact I havent seen you for ages because you are a bellend.

You would have seen me in the centre last saturday I was at the C of c seminar, didn't see you there? Then two weeks before I was helping sort the trial at nash mills, didn't see you there either.

Perhaps calling me a b e makes you feel better, the fact remains by your own admission you do nowt.

Dabster, some of your posts the past few days have been abit Argumentative? is it that time of the month? ;)

not really, I just don't get it with people like lennie who has annoyed andy evans above, but as he is in my centre I've a pretty good idea how little lennie does.

Our centre is poor and observers are hard to come by but lennie is complaining about how poor they can be. But by his own admission doesn't help at all.

I was arguing on the other thread because I felt an undercurrent of racism.

As for ishy, well B*****ks **** **** and ****er **** i am definately going there now just to annoy him.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

As an organiser, route/section planner, observer and rider the rules need to be simple and readily understandable.

In many trials, as we'll all know, a lot of observers don't know the rules that well after being pushed into doing the job as the club are struggling

to find a volunteer one cold and frosty morning.

So the rules have to be made easy to grasp in a short space of time, don't they?

Eiger

My point is that (and I reckon I can speak as I've got experience as clerk of course of a number of club, center and National trials, , have ridden the SSDT 15 times, am 45 years old with 30 years trials experience under my belt, have no qualms about observing when required and regularly mark out).

Oh yes going back to my point: Firstly calling someone a b***end aint particularly constructive Lennie regardless of what you may or may not think, but thanks for supporting my initial observation.

Observing is not easy and the rules not quickly learned and at many of our club trials some observers are first timers on the day. So we need to make the rules as easy to follow as we can.

I can appreciate that there may be some lack of clarity regarding the rules and even some lack of consistancy with how they are implemented, but my view is the same for trials as it is for Rugby, Cricket and any other sport; take your decisions on the chin. Particularly as for most of us, it doesn't make THAT much difference in the grand scheme of things. It is, after all, an amateur sport for all but the very few.

I have nothing but sympathy and admiration for people such as observers, upmires, referees. They have to make judgement calls and that's what they are there for. Observers get the pleasure of standing around for 3 hours, often in grim weather and often for no thanks. They need some snotty oik effing and geoffing at them because of a contentious decision like they need a second rectum. I would personally birch anyone who abuses such officials!

Now, back to running my Victorian Mill...

;)