New Ty175 Owner

nicbrrghs

Scott, I would love to knock out loads of those air boxes as I'm sure they would sell, the only problem is the one I made started off as a cardboard mould which I had to destroy as the fibreglass was laid on top of it. Thats not to say its not possible to reproduce one or more its just the memory of how long that one took me to make and its putting me off. Perhaps I should look into it further, who knows you might even get a free sample. I have spent a stupid amount on it which I will never get back, but then I wont be selling it.

Remember when setting the bike up that your size will determine to a great extent, height of bars, footrest position etc, to improve riding position. If your very tall / small, advice from riders of a similar stature may be more relevant as a starting point. I would ignore trends (like fat bars) as I cannot see any benefit.

Edited by B40RT

You might find some of the information on Yamahas on my "blog" of interest. Scroll down to the December 2007 articles and you will find 3 articles on building "Baby Yams". In January there are a series of "How to" articles which covers the Fork oil seals on the Yam, a very simple job if you follow the guide. If there is no power check all electrics and carburation before looking at the piston. Good luck.

Tony

Thanks Tony thats a great site.

Nicbrrghs next time your TY bogs down going up a hill, stop and whip the plug out, the colour of it will give you some idea whats wrong, i had similar problems when i first got mine, the carb settings were all over the place.