Beta Rev 3 125 Or Scorpa Ty125 F

tom1

i'm looking at either of the above as my first bike to do some local comps on but also want to use it for a bit of green laning,obviously i'd have to fit he long range kit to the beta and do some other mods to make it road legal but he scorpa long ride wouldn't need much work.

anyone got any advice on either as to which would be more suitable? or whch is the better bike?

ta

Your decision depends on how much you value actual trials performance in sections. It sounds as if a fair bit of road work is in your plan, putting the Scorpa ahead due to being a more roadworthy bike, but trials performance of the Beta would be allot better, so it's down to that.

cheers jaylael

i'm only a begginer so i'm not overly worried about super hot section performance, (i'm sure it will be me not the bike that lets me down lol) saying that i would be a bit hacked off if i did out grow the scorpa quickly, dont have miles of road work planned, just there are q fair few green lanes etc close to my gaff which would make for a good couple of hours riding every now and again,

wold like to test ride them both but cant find a 125 beta in my area

The 125 Beta is vastly better for actual trials riding, and probably would be ok for occasional green-laning. Really it's down to whether you favor trials riding or trail riding. As I understand it the 125 Beta is considered the best 125 trials bike. Riders of Shercos and Gas Gas 125s will likely disagree with this claim. The which bike is best argument has been done to death. Good luck deciding which bike to buy.

yeah i know the "which bike is best " question is a bit of s stupid one as its all personal choice, just after some opinions to see if there were any common thoughts / faults on the bikes, for now i guess my riding will be a mix of comps and green laning which is kind of swaying me more towards the scorpa , but i'm sure as i get into it a bit more i'l want a beter comp bike.

ahh, the agony of choice! :unsure:

cheers for your info jaylael

Please ensure that the 'green lanes' near you are legal byways. To ride on them legally then you must have a road registered bike fully taxed, mot'd (if over 3yrs old) and insured. You are going to need a bike license too. Getting reported will only add to the various groups such as the ramblers etc argument to get the green lanes closed and turned into footpaths only.

If you know all this already then I appologise, if you don't then I'd suggest in joining your local TRF (Trail Riders Fellowship). Their website and members are a font of all knowledge regarding the legal states of lanes including BOATS and RUPPs. Their website is here .

Shaun.

cheers shaun

already sorted, my old man does a lot of green laning so i know what i've got to do to make it legal etc.

that's partly why i'm not sure which bike to choose as it need the bike to be road legal, also i've not passed my test yet hence only being able to ride a 125cc

cheers anyway though mate :huh: