Brian Fowler Trial

lingo75

Hey all,

I have sent off my entry for the Brian Fowler trial at Hook woods (not had the comf back though). I started trials properly this year and have done about 8 club ones in the novices with a one win but mostly coming 4/5th. Will i be out of my depth over there?

I figure "novice is novice" so i should be ok, plus really wanted to have a go at something a bit different and the fact that its a national should make it exciting to be involved in.

I went over for a look on the SHerco open day and those big rocks looked terrifying ha ha!! But i walked what i thought to be the easy markers and it seemed ok.

Love to here what you think, or to know if anyone is going as i may be on my todd.

Campo

Campo,

what clubs have you ridden in the novices at?

The Brian Fowler novice route is traditionally of the standard of the 2nd hardest route at most club trials in the South East, which is usually the blue route. However there wont be anything to big or dangerous on this route as it is designed to cater for Twinshocks.

Regarding the entry, I believe confirmation doesn't usually get sent out till the week before, after the closing date, as it is only then that the secretary will be able to print out a full entry list. This is usual for most nationals.

If you want to know more Rose or Shaun Fowler, 01903 814981, are the people to ring.

Hope this helps

Jamie

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for that, i ride in Alton and North Hants club trials. I reckon i will be ok, it will be a step up, but thats what i want. Even if i come last i dont care (yeah right) it will just be great to get round, have had a good go and be part of national trial - i cant wait.

Do you have any idea what sort of scores the winners of the novices get?

Thanks for the reply, hopefully see you there - what bike will you be on? I'll be on a Mont 315 r with a plain red helmet

Feet up!

Campo (Dan Campling)

PS are there any big climbs, there didnt seem to be - i love them! its cross-cambers i dont like! :D

The venue is Hook Woods, where the British Champs was held in September. There aren't any real hill climbs at this venue, but there is alot of rocks which we down south don't get to see very often. Type in Hook Woods to Youtube and you'll get a few videos of the venue that have been taken over the years both with Motorcycle and Biketrials.

I'll be riding, on a Gasser though not sure which one yet.