Can't Decide Which New Bike To Get?

cubby

Have had two 250 pro's and have had a 300 pro for the last while. Don't feel like I've ever totally got comfy with it and considering going back to a 250 which I seem to remember feeling more happy on.

A lot of people who get 300's seem to spend a load of time taming them down as I have.

Any advice or thoughts??

Riding level is brilliant! (closer to Centre Clubman/Low expert ;) )

Cubby, you need a proper go on my 300. Maybe at the next trial? I'd recommend a 300 to ya. I prefer mine so much more than a 250 because of the torque on the bottom end. I found my 250 really harsh on the bottom end, it was like the throttle was either on or off. but the 300 is much better and it has the top end power for when you need where the 250 might run out of grunt. Power delivery is really smooth and really manageable.

Only really added a flywheel weight, which to be fair did make a difference.

I think that problem is that I don't have as much time to ride these days and therefore not the opportunity to try too many mods or go practising. I want a bike that works week in week out and doesn't get away from you if you're feeling a bit rusty.

I bought the bike from Steve Colley, and whilst it was virtually unused and immaculate it had been set up for him so was firey to say the least. Good fun actually if you're not trying to ride between marker flags!

Just noticed a test on a 250 in the latest issue of YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE so need to give that a read.

Heard to many negative comments about 280's, that they are neither as torquey as the 300 or forgiving as the 250. But that was the previous versions. Is this a myth and would a 280 with flywheel weight be a good compromise???

Mine is as standard as the day i bought it and i have had no quarms about the power. Yes, it is powerful but i do prefer the way the power is made, especially at the bottom end. I tried an 09 300 the other day with a flywheel weight and i didn't really like it. I just got the impression it wouldn't give the power that you wanted. I only rode it for a few minutes so probably didn't get the full impression of it.

Have had two 250 pro's and have had a 300 pro for the last while. Don't feel like I've ever totally got comfy with it and considering going back to a 250 which I seem to remember feeling more happy on.

A lot of people who get 300's seem to spend a load of time taming them down as I have.

Any advice or thoughts??

Riding level is brilliant! (closer to Centre Clubman/Low expert ^_^ )

You beat me on the 300 - you never beat me before ;)

Plus you're like me - too old for the 250 ;-)

Nothing like a big plonker between your legs eh!

Cubby.

As we are both official Team members of "Morning Motorsport" I believe that team issue bikes are the only way into the future.

Now,

I ordered a brand spanking 250 gasser the other day from Juan to replace the '05 300.

Had a go on the new 300 & it was too much for a rider of my inabilities.

After speaking to Juan & reading that article in the mag I decided the 250 was the way to go.

If you're willing to wait, you're more than welcome to have a play on it when it arrives.

There's also a couple of other guys over here that have just got / ordered 250s.

Get it in yer!

In found the (08) 250 a bit revvy. Had an 09 300 for a while now. Using flywheel & slow throttle - spot on now.

Tried the flatside Dellorto - but that turned it into a real experts bike. Awesome motor with that, but not for this slightly less than awesome rider!

I'm sure we can sort out a bit of "Factree" pink for our bikes!

Other people have mentioned the 250s being quite revvy but after reading that article in YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE it didn't appear to be much of a problem with the new bike. I for one hope it isn't a problem anyway.