Tr35 Fork Seals And Front Wheel Bearings

loomesy

Hello again

From what ive been reading, these TR and any other trials bikes with USD forks suffer from knackered fork seals a lot (not surprising really)...im thinking of taking off the plastic fork guards which dont really guard the forks, they just look pretty and replace them with some ally guards.

Ahh ok...ill give the airbox bypass trick a go...cheers, not thought of that. Does your bike have a guard at the back to prevent mud/water/trees etc getting into the airbox, seems like there should be one. I might put a sock over it to see if that helps a bit.

I took everything out of the carb (a dellorto phbh26 if that means anything to you) that i could apart from the floats, now all the jets are squeaky clean...what the bloke was running the bikes on I dont know...smelt like paint thinners...but then as someone suggested, domestos and toilet duck may well be likely.

Nah to be honest i dont think itd change much, wouldnt get a discount, i shouldve been less impatient and checked the bike more thoroughly there and then....plus its given me the chance to tinker which ive not done in a while and i plan on passing the bike on as a family heirloom...if the b%st