Looking For Bush Outer C15

nigelog

Hi Guy's.

Hi Nige.

Glad your's has turned out OK, I am on with mine this week. My mate as just had his new (to him) coin sized press collected, so when it is conected in, he is going to press the two bronze top hat shims that he has designed for the sides of the bearing. Can't see how you got on with yours,as my computer wont open your Blog site. will try and get into it another way later.

Keep in touch, with the rest of the build.

Regard's Charlie.

Hi Guy's.

Hi Nige.

Glad your's has turned out OK, I am on with mine this week. My mate as just had his new (to him) coin sized press collected, so when it is conected in, he is going to press the two bronze top hat shims that he has designed for the sides of the bearing. Can't see how you got on with yours,as my computer wont open your Blog site. will try and get into it another way later.

Keep in touch, with the rest of the build.

Regard's Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

heres a pic of the assembled pieces, interested by the "top hat" idea. Does mean more work on the outer though.

20-01-09_2033.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I went at this from a different direction and machined a complete timing side bush from bronze. (The original steel was not very tight and I had seen sold bronze bushes for the bigger twins.) However, I found it a real challenge to install. I had to be careful to align the two flats to the cases during the install. However, careful meant slow and the bush would heat up and start to sieze in the bore. To a lesser extent, I had the same problem with the transmission bush that must align with the mall pin. Are there any secrets to this?