Forks And Shock Servicing

milfy

Not sure about the rear shock but the fronts are easy enough to do yourself if you fancy a challenge. If not whip them off and any bike mechanic near you should be able to do them, there's nothing particularly different on them from the forks on the road bikes they do day in and day out.

Get the seals and oil yourself from Sandifords (to make sure there is no skimping on quality!) and supply those plus forks to a garage, most places will do it for a bit of cash. An hours job for them at most.

If you have the earlier Paoli forks you'll have to ask Sandifords how much oil to put in as I've forgotten! If its the later Showa ones then it's in that manual you downloaded.

not to bothered about taking the bits off and refixing them so may have to find a local mech to carry of servicing

also noticed shock linkage bearings worn is this easy to remove bearings or will they have to be pressed out?

ps big thanks for pdf info iou one of these :guinness:

Edited by milfy

No bother! :guinness:

I'd recommend getting the bearings pressed out professionally, mainly because I managed to destroy the dog bone trying to take mine out!

Sandifords to the rescue again with a dog bone from stock with new bearings ready to go. Really can't speak highly enough of them guys if you are needing bits, also BVM moto are very good and the bonus with them is all your parts arrive stamped with "Urgent Competition Parts" on it which always gives me a grin!

I still have to get the swing arm and lower shock ones done, I'll be taking it to my local guys at White Bros for that though, not risking destroying anything else!