West Midlands Clubs

jonh

Hello, :)

I'm new on Trials Central ( But was on Trials Action a few years back ) .

I just need a bit of info on how to go about riding in trials in the Midlands and surrounding areas.

Left an Email with the ACU in the Midlands centre but no reply ?

If anyone knows who to contact please let me know ?!

Is there a list of places to practice on Trials Central anywhere ?

I have a few wicked places to practice on my doorstep but I need a bit of variation !

Also is Hawks Nest in Buxton still open to bikes ?

Thanks

JonH

Thanks for that guys !

I just tried to add my local practice details to the 'Places to ride' in Stffordshire area !

So keep a look out !

I am in Aldridge, Just outside of Walsall.

Still waiting for The Tax Refund cheque to clear then I'm off on a search for a Bike!

Cleaned the boots off and watched the good old 'THIS IS TRIALS' Video ! (Or should it be 'This WAS Trials' :) )

Thanks again !

Anyone in or around my area ?

Jon

Jon, your addition to the practise areas section han't worked, there's nothing in there for Staffs. I'm curious now though - where do you practise? I'm in Streetly and I can only think of Linley Woods (haven't been there for ages, thought it was off limits) St Margarets (definitely off limits and no longer an option due to redevelopment and security) Clayhanger at Brownhills (good for enduro practise too but police are getting interested) or the farm at the back of the power station at Rugeley although the council have him closed down for the moment I think. Need all the practise I can get at the moment with the lakes 2 day coming up. Haven't ridden all year due to string of injuries and mishaps so well rusty. So is the

Thanks Woody !

It was Linley Woods that I was trying to list !

As far as I know its not out of bounds ! ( Send me a message if you go up there and I'll stop by )

Its only when you get all of the scallies on stolen MX bikes down there that

the Police get involved !

I was there last week spotting for a few mates and there were about 10 trials bikes in the woods and you could'nt hear anything from the road !

So no complaints ! Bit slippy this time of year tho ! (Clay / Lime)

Its not that great but you can also use the MX Track down Hobs Hole Lane.

As long as there are just Trials bikes practicing then nobody will hear you.

We know the owner of the track and he has said yes to Trials practice but NO to MX Practice. The track is mainly Red sand.

I was told that Rugley is open but no more MX Bikes ! ( Nevermind ! :) ) Think that its only on certain days as well ? Will find out.

I cant make it to any Trials this weekend gotta sort out the garage for the new bike ! Clean out Fit Alarm in there with an ear splitting siren !!

Are any of the places where the Trials are being held this weekend open for practice at all ?

Jon

Hi Jon

Steve Goode has moved to Welshpool, still going but now working from home, contact him on 01938850544 sound bloke is Steve, always willing to help out.

I live in Shropshire but I tend to ride Mid Wales (all that Midland centre MUD just p****s me off :) )

Get your self out in mid wales sometime, great venues, lovely countryside and you get to take the p*** out of the Welsh ;)

Mark

Yeah but where are the venues ? ;)

Seems like everyone wants to keep all of the nice spots to themselves ! :P

Just want to get a few weeks practice in before I do a trial.

Not ridden for 3 years and gotta learn to balance with an extra stone of mass round my waist :) !

Gotta get the bike first tho ! Looking for an 02 Beta once my Tax cheque finally clears !!!!! :)

Missed a few already well miffed !!!

Anyone selling at around

;) Marky G - Posting comments like "get to take the P**** out of the Welsh, won't win you any friends - especially when you want to ride in their area. - Don't forget some of us old Welsh guys are watching from 7,000 miles away.

Steady on Dave :o Only Joking Boyo :):P

My apologies to all the Welsh on here! ;)

Where you from then Dave? North / Mid / South Wales??

Must admit, I find the Lads (and lasses ;) ) from the South and Mid are very nice folks, and Twin Towns has got to be one of the best flims ever made.

:)

:) Marky G - Posting comments like "get to take the P**** out of the Welsh, won't win you any friends - especially when you want to ride in their area. - Don't forget some of us old Welsh guys are watching from 7,000 miles away.

It's OK Dave, he's an honorary taff nearly ;) Knows most of us and I know it's in good humour.

And the truth is a fat bloke riding a hairdrier driving a pimp mobile and with an accent like that rarely gets the chance to take the p***

P.S. Hi Mark :)

Dave's ex Mid Wales - Llanfyllin - Oswestry lad.

Jon, none of the venues we (midland centre clubs) use for events are open for general practise as far as I know, although I guess some of them may be if you live locally to them and know the farmer/landowner, as you do with Hobs Lane. I think if you just want time back on the bike to get bike-fit again, Linley woods is as good as anywhere. We used to go regularly 10 - 15 years ago and had some mega sections. There's probably still a good few bits from our bikes lying around over there... idea - must go and find them and sell them on ebay as broken up junk seems to fetch good money on there... :)

There aren't any dedicated trials shops anywhere near now, as far as I know. I tend to get my stuff from wherever is convenient at the time. Alan Wright (Tri-co) has a fair bit of stuff but no shop, trades from home in Solihull and usually has a stand at the shows. Don't have his number but sometimes has ads in TMX.