125f, 175f, 200f - How Do They Compare?

tjp

hey guys, noticed lots of you enjoying the baby scorpa thumpers!, I have a few Q's i'm hoping you folk can answer:-

how do you all rate them?

How do the engine sizes compare with regard to performance? (125f, 175f, 200f)

Is the ty-s125f man enough for clubman/inter routes?

thanks in advance for all your imput fellas.

i can only speak of the 200f, but would recomend 100%. plenty power for the clubman sections. only two weak points that bother me are the rear break pedal is very prone to hitting rocks and bending(even though ive cut back the bit you stand on !) and on steep drops the front mudgaurd hits the down tube of the frame. great fun to ride. after all thats what its all about. cheers and happy new year to everyone when it comes! :hyper:

I took my 125f round the Manx 2 day Clubman route in 2007, none of the sections were outwith the capabilities of the bike, only the rider! I had a go a couple of weeks ago on a 163, didn't really feel any different in the sections, bit more grunt through the bogs though.

They're great bikes, mine's been through the wars since I bought it nearly 4 years ago and it's barely cost me a penny, they really are bulletproof.

In the last four seasons i've owned a 04sy250, 06175f, 07200f and now i'm back on a 08sy250 with a another scorpa 175 that was going cheap as a backup!!

The 04sy250 was a great bike however I was having major problems with joint pain so I opted for the 175f which was a fantastic little bike once the Birkett mods were performed and certainly a lot easier on my arms and clutch fingure. I upgrading to a 200f after a season and was amazed what a difference an extra 20cc could make, the extra power propelling my nimble 100kg's over most obstacles with ease.

Of the two seasons I spent on the two baby scorpa's i've found my riding has improved after stagnating for a number of years on the latest 250's mainly due to having to work for a living to get the best out of the bikes. I found for 80% of my grades sections the bikes were ideal saving many a dab with their grip and ride ability however for the bigger stuff ground clearance was an issue and perfecting the more advanced techniques became a necessity. For the average Joe the baby scorpa's are one of the best bikes around and would certainly improve rider