Been To Four Marks Today

nicks_tr34

Went there to see what it was like, I actually went to ride my crosser, but the idea was to case it out for trials too.

There were actually quite a few trials bikes there, there is a fair woodland area and some shared jumps (hills for a trials bike).

My impression is that it is NOT the best place for trials practice .. OR MX for that matter, but it is open every day and offers a LEGAL playground for offroad stuff and

Edited by Nicks_TR34

hi, looks like just a piece of waste ground to me, if its very local to you then fair enough but there has to be better tracks fairly near ? look in the back of tmx. good luck

Yep it is just a 'friendly'? farmer that allows people on his land to play ... for a fee obviously ;) Some effort has been made to make a few jumps etc, but the area seems to lack 'up keep' ... but again, not going to slate the place as I think it is great that people have somewhere legitimate to go ... any day of the week too - seems all 'official' places seem to only open at the weekend :rolleyes:

For my crosser I intend to go to a couple of 'proper' tracks, now I have given the bike a shakedown at four marks.

Four Marks is ~30 miles from me, these two tracks are ~45 miles in either direction.

I have had a tip-off of a more local (and by the sounds of it suitable) area to play/practice on my TRIALS bike - don't think it is official, but sounds as if it is not going to get me in trouble either!! B)

Edited by Nicks_TR34

Nick,

Watch this space as there will be a purpose built practice area very near you soon - complete with toilets! and a burger/tea van plus medics on some days!

All legal, all insured too!

I'll get some pictures up soon.

Shaun.

Nick,

Watch this space as there will be a purpose built practice area very near you soon - complete with toilets! and a burger/tea van plus medics on some days!

All legal, all insured too!

I'll get some pictures up soon.

Shaun.

WOW that would be awesome!! :rolleyes:

Don't tease me ... give me a bit more info/gossip ... like when is 'soon'?? B)

Will it be for all offroad vehicles like Four Marks is or just trials?

when i was a school boy mx rder i used to go golden barn raceway, u used to be able to pay and ride there but that was a few years ago, im not sure if it still works like that. . . professional track and a little one for kids

its in sussex though, dont know the website but i supppose you could google it if you were interested

WOW that would be awesome!! :rolleyes:

Don't tease me ... give me a bit more info/gossip ... like when is 'soon'?? ;)

Will it be for all offroad vehicles like Four Marks is or just trials?

Nick,

not into saying much as I will be there tomorrow and the w/e helping to sort it all out and prep it further - but just think about an established off-road motorcycle venue in use with full permission around the Winchester area........ to make it easy - get on Google earth and type in SO22 6RG and look for the tale-tale signs.... it should be ready by feb and then a full announcement with photos will be made......

There have been some 'names' in the sport showing quite a bit of interest already ;)

BTW - the area set aside will only be for trials bikes........... B)

Shaun.

Nick,

not into saying much as I will be there tomorrow and the w/e helping to sort it all out and prep it further - but just think about an established off-road motorcycle venue in use with full permission around the Winchester area........ to make it easy - get on Google earth and type in SO22 6RG and look for the tale-tale signs.... it should be ready by feb and then a full announcement with photos will be made......

There have been some 'names' in the sport showing quite a bit of interest already ;)

BTW - the area set aside will only be for trials bikes........... :rolleyes:

Shaun.

Awesome!! B)

If I can be of any use as a 'set of hands' (putting posts up - whatever) let me know and I'd be happy to come along and help in the name of this worthy cause! (free of charge obviously)!! ;)

Awesome!! :thumbup:

If I can be of any use as a 'set of hands' (putting posts up - whatever) let me know and I'd be happy to come along and help in the name of this worthy cause! (free of charge obviously)!! :D

Pretty much all in hand to be honest.

A couple of us will be there tomorrow from 10am if you fancy coming along for a ride and lend a few ideas on what we need to do.

There should be a red/green route rider there, another mate is 'yellow' and I'm normally a white so between us all we should be able to find something to suit all of us.

Pretty much all in hand to be honest.

A couple of us will be there tomorrow from 10am if you fancy coming along for a ride and lend a few ideas on what we need to do.

There should be a red/green route rider there, another mate is 'yellow' and I'm normally a white so between us all we should be able to find something to suit all of us.

I was actually all set to go to Cusses Gorse tomorrow ... do you mean your track will be open to ride at? or just come and have a look at??? If I can ride there, then I'll ditch Cusses Gorse for the day and come to your track (its closer too!) :thumbup:

p.s. are we talking the trials part of your track here or the MX too? I was going to Cusses Gorse on my MX ...

Edited by Nicks_TR34

I was actually all set to go to Cusses Gorse tomorrow ... do you mean your track will be open to ride at? or just come and have a look at??? If I can ride there, then I'll ditch Cusses Gorse for the day and come to your track (its closer too!) :thumbup:

p.s. are we talking the trials part of your track here or the MX too? I was going to Cusses Gorse on my MX ...

The trials area will be open tomorrow plus the MX track ('A' track is open - though I don't know what the bookings are like for that) but in theory if you came to Tonymoto's and paid your 35quid to ride MX then whilst your inbetween the sessions you could ride the trials arena.... else leave the MX'er at home, pay a tenner and ride the trials arena....

with the frost last night - i doubt if Cusses Gorse will open so you may be stuffed there anyhow!

If you want to book your ride then ring Tonymoto on 07729 827981 and tell him that Shaun (me!) put you on to it.

He may have places left for MX if you wanted to do that today, but there won't be a problem for trials (for you or anybody else for that matter....)

Shaun

07737 634761

Edited by YoYo

I see, so the trails area is to be integrated into TonyMoto?

Sorry, I forgot to check for a reply on here before I got up .... so I went to Cusses Gorse today ...

Tonymoto was going to be my next track (MX) anyway as I wanted to try it out!! :thumbup:

Will you be there NEXT weekend? :D

Edited by Nicks_TR34