Honda Replica Frames Rs And Highboy

honda_trials

I have heard of the replica RS frame (Mick Whitlock?) and the new TL Highboy frame (Miller?) but don't remember seeing any feedback on them from owners, presumably some have been sold? How do they ride/compare with the original?

Is there any information on them around, what engine they take, material the frame is made of etc.? And finally, where can you get one?

:thumbup: Come on then, lets see some pictures of this RS frame and of a complete bike, if you have any. And some detail would be nice too - for example:- what type of tube is it constructed from? What are the advantages over the original? Better turning circle? Increased ground clearance?

Hi Jim

I've got a Mick Whitlock frame and it's finished extremely well, I will take some photos for you and send them to your email. Everything fitted very well with the exception of the rear brake lever and I think that was because I used an RTL engine?? but the only other thing was the head stock bearing on the top did not fit ie the recess was not deep enough so I machined a step in the bearings outter race, the other thing was nothing to do with the frame but I will mention, it was the spacer between the carb and head was very poor quality( I think they come up on theif bay sometimes) because on the carb side it was far to small and only covered 25% of the O ring which allowed air to be sucked in causing poor running, I over came this by making a new one to the correct size, but other than that a very well finished frame and swing arm. I will be looking out for Mick Whitlock at the show to order another direct from him, if I can't get one off him I will make my own by copying the one I've got.

If you want you can post the pics on your excellent web site.

Hondars250