125/175 Seat

thespikeyone

been thinking about getting one of the seats that come as standard with the non racing models (not the long ride kit) as i want to do a couple of hare and hounds events. Then I had a thought, can you hollow out the underside of the seat to hold tools etc???? Think it would be quite handy for one lap/road events too, and possibly the SSDT if I get an entry.

Thoughts please

Cheers

Spike

Edited by thespikeyone

I'm 6ft2in tall, when I've got the seat on mine I find that I'm actually perched right at the back end of the seat, on the mudguard. It does stop you sliding forward though.

Never thought about hollowing the seat out, I actually made a tool tray under the forward end of the rear mudguard and kept the tools/bits in a section of rear inner tube. Worked fine for 3 years but burst my first rear 'guard in 4 years last week, I'll probably shift the tool tray over.

Would be fine for enduros but I'm not sure about riding the Scottish with the seat on, , the front part of it adds a couple of inches to the height at the back end of the tank, it might whack your 'nads a few times...

the front part of it adds a couple of inches to the height at the back end of the tank, it might whack your 'nads a few times...

is the seat just foam or is there any metal spars in it?? never actually had a proper look at one.

was wondering about the height difference, with me being a short a*%se it may turn that loooong stretching dab into a 5 :P don't suppose it makes that much difference to your self, does it affect any of the more vertically challenged?????

Oh and a whack in the nads every now and again is the very least of my worries on the scottish :D:wub:

It's a plastic base with foam on it, there are a couple of metal brackets at the back end to fix it where the mudguard bolts on. Don't think there's any metal in it, doesn't feel like it. There's a slot at the front end of the plastic which slides onto a short post which is held on by the frontmost mudguard bolt, you'd need the post and the countersunk bolt as well.

You find that the footpegs are so far back that with the seat fitted it's not really in the way unless it's a steep climb. Ishy rode a Mont round the SSDT with one of those seats fitted that makes it look like a 'crosser, seemed to do ok.