Does Anyone Recognise This Frame?

honda_trials

Did Steve Wilson ever make a Montesa frame ?

Bultaco yes for sure,but Montesa ??????????????

Has anyone got a pic of the Don Smith Stag to compare it to ?

And the footrest mounts , sure look similar to Cheney, but not the footrests.

Edited by motomike

I was also thinking it may be more akin to the Don Smith Stag but I don't have a photo handy to refer it to. I think though the Stag would have had an earlier Montesa motor, the one in the photo looks like it is from a 348/349.

Bye, PeterB.

hi folks hi have a steve wilson products bultaco which i,m restoring can anyone shed more light on his work. issue six 2008 of classic dirt bike shows a pitcture of a robshepherd honda

with a steve wilson sticker on it page fifty. any help please lads

hi folks hi have a steve wilson products bultaco which i,m restoring can anyone shed more light on his work. issue six 2008 of classic dirt bike shows a pitcture of a robshepherd honda

with a steve wilson sticker on it page fifty. any help please lads

steve wilson made various trials accesiories guess thats why the stickers there. Pretty sure he didn't have any imput on the honda.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello just been having a look at the mystery montesa frame i dont know that it is one of the Steve Wilson ones as i think his swinging arms were square as in the black and white photo and not round as on the Mont.I only know this as I have a square section swinging arm (chromed) in the garage and it is also open to the rear of the spindle as in the b/w photo. Can't remember who bought the frame off me it went with a white framed bultaco i once had,and was not stamped or have any sort of serial numbers on it. (the chrome one that is)