National C&d Youth Trials

the_e1_bandit

We did the South Shrops round a couple of years ago. Seem to remember it was a very good trial.

The COC was in touch with the abilities of the riders and set a varied and fair test.

Don't know which venue they will use this time, but then it was quite a hike round. Probably made worse by the copious amounts of wine drank the night before !!!!

You will need to enter in advance (see TMX for regs) with 2 SAE's.

About a week before the event you will recieve a programme which will detail the days timings.

Each rider has a set start time and an overall time limit for the event, say 5 1/2 hours.

The day will fly by, so take what you think you may need in a rucksack as walking a mile back to the van for a spare lever is as frustrating as it is knackering.

Rules are fairly obvious, one difference to a club trial is the only people allowed in the sections are supposed to be the riders, so don't be surprised if an observer tells you to get out of the section. You are allowed to assist once a 5 has been given.

Enjoy yourselves.

Mike.

I would consider going down to Devon, but Wales will be beating Ireland for the Grand Slam on the Saturday... spose I could get the mrs to pick me up from Cardiff on the way through. She'll be ok as long as she doesnt need to reverse the trailer! I will probably be a bit too poorly to travel though!

I'm wandering if I could borrow (it's not stealing if you give it back - right?) the outlaws touring caravan for a few of these events. The little gasser 50 would go in ok for the trip and I have a Ford Kuga to pull it... hmmmm.... interesting!