Any Biketrial Advice Please Ask...

themontyshop

Good on you then! Nice to see you on here.

I have a bike, bought it a couple years ago, thikn I rode it once or twice. I need to get it out of the shed, cause I really cannot recall what it is! One of them Chineese things, a TANK or summat! Oh, it works, I don't! :rolleyes:

I'm 5'10, 13st 31yrs young... ridden trials bikes (injin veriety) since I was 7, but never owned a trials cycle. I am attracted more towards the 20" and I'm not looking to get too serious but would like a good quality robust bike.

$1 million question: Which bike would you recommend for me!?? Many Thanks

I'm 5'10, 13st 31yrs young... ridden trials bikes (injin veriety) since I was 7, but never owned a trials cycle. I am attracted more towards the 20" and I'm not looking to get too serious but would like a good quality robust bike.

$1 million question: Which bike would you recommend for me!?? Many Thanks

For a beginner i would not realy recomend any of the high koxx or monty ranges, just beacuse they have put alot of effort making these new bikes very light competition oriented, Koxx use a special aluminium which is all good until you dent it, then it just dies, and the montys, i have heard of a few cracking, they may have a good warrenty, but who wants to have to wait 1-2months whilst the frame is inspected and a new one returned.......

Firstly what is your price range? I would say one of the best value for money full builds would be the Meta bikes 20inch, for the price it is a realy good buy. If you are looking to spend a little more, tartybikes currently have a couple of fully built mods (different frames using koxx component kits) with very good price reductions, there is a full build Echo Team for

Edited by Bigman

"I hope thats a little help, i am sure that "themontyshop" will have something to add too, and probably will not realy appreiciate me directing you away from monty bikes, but i hope i have provided some good honest non biased advice."

I would agree that a Monty 221 Kamel wouldn't be the bike for a beginner mainly due to it Price and Componentry that as an inexperienced rider i don't believe you will really need at this stage. I would advise the new 2009 Monty 220 which are due any day now priced at around the 999 for the full bike with the same frame geometry as the 221, this bike is quite capable of being used for competitions also so you would not need to upgrade any time soon.

Adam

I would agree that a Monty 221 Kamel wouldn't be the bike for a beginner mainly due to it Price and Componentry that as an inexperienced rider i don't believe you will really need at this stage. I would advise the new 2009 Monty 220 which are due any day now priced at around the 999 for the full bike with the same frame geometry as the 221, this bike is quite capable of being used for competitions also so you would not need to upgrade any time soon.

Adam

Ahhh, the 220, is that this one:

20084252072668.jpg

I assumed it would be called the 221pr (hadn't seen the pic at this point) like how the older style frames there was a the 221 x-lite and the 221pr,

Edited by Bigman