General Things About Gas Gas

wonder boy

Hi I have the choice of getting a new 2005 Gas Gas txt pro 250 or Scorpa SY 250 these are the two bike I have decide on.

I would like to know if there are and problems with the gas gas like gearbox.engine problems, I would also like to hear about the air box on the new gas gas

Ive just swapped my 02 scorpa for an 04 300pro (June this year), I find the Pro a much better all round bike to ride being lighter, more responsive, a much better clutch and riding position.

As for reliability ive had no problems with either bike but I do spend time in the workshop. The pro air box uses a different method to other bikes, it is the Motocross type with the filter covering the air intake pipe to the carb so if the air box does get abit dirty or wet it wont reach the engine. Any water can drain out of the bottom!

Ive had no over heating on my 300 so the 250 should be OK.

IKB

I feel like I may be the only one, but does anybody have any good stories about Scorpa.

Someone who has owned something alse preferably, and please spare me the "They grip well" comments. That can be translated to "short on power".

I must admit I can't see the attraction at all - they're not even cheap.

Let me start you off on the positive points:

1. You can get a high seat when you get old

2. Reliability reminiscent of the 80's machines (because it is an 80's machine)

Any more???

There's nowt wrong with Scorpa's. I've just got rid of my 04 and got my new Sherco cos i fancied a change. The scorpa's arent under powered, the reason they grip so well is the power comes in really smooth, yet my sherco is a lot more livelier at the bottom end, goin to get some getting used to, but i like it. I hear more good stories on here about scorpa's than i do about gasser's. :o

Let me start you off on the positive points:

1. You can get a high seat when you get old

2. Reliability reminiscent of the 80's machines (because it is an 80's machine)

Any more???

:o r2, you been talking to Bikespace :lol:

lets not have this myopic prejudiced opinion getting in the way of subjective reason, shall we? :D

Lets not have this intelligent, unbiassed, logical **** get in the way of a good argument. :o

I think my problem is probably the lack of Scorpa's down here, which is probably because of the lack of dealers.

i've not seen one on the expert route at all I don't think, and I've seen very few new or nearly new ones so my judgement may be marred by that. In my mind I've got them pictured as noisy rattly things.

I'm willing to admit they may not be if well maintained......and taped up :lol:

Yeah go for it Andy :D stick it to that Yorkshire/Welsh hybrid thing that calls himself Bikespace :D

He's the only bloke I know that walks into a Welsh pub with an English Rugby shirt on (I reckon he was after 'tackling' the bar maid) :o:lol:

i've not seen one on the expert route at all I don't think, and I've seen very few new or nearly new ones so my judgement may be marred by that.

We've got an expert rider here in the wild west on a Scorpa. Does OK with it.