Youth C&d Class National Rd1 2009

garethr

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Chatting to some of the mums & dads, apparently the sections were relatively easy as C&D rounds go. My lad (Danial) struggled quite a bit but knuckled under and completed the trial. Not bad considering he's only seven and riding his first british round.

There were some awesome rides on the last lap for cleans. I ride expert at club level and I'm not sure even I could have ridden around clean!!! :-) Well done to all the riders and bad luck to Sam Minta who's chain came off (good first lap of 10 though).

This is great... I've got my own little thread here!!!

I was just wandering why parents/minders are officially not allowed in the sections to walk the sections with their kids or to catch them if they come a cropper!? Seems strange to me, especially with the little uns.

Parents/minders are allowed in the section. We were there the day after for the A and B class national and were only needed at a few sections thankfully as the two part course does mean a long hike between the end of one set of sections and the start of the second set. Where were the C/D sections???

a parent ( catcher ) can enter the section when thier rider is riding to catch only,

parents are not aloud to walk the sections, ie no gardening etc, its hard enough for the riders without parents getting in the way,

Parents on bikes, i my apinion not a good idea, have you seen some parents ride bikes, could be a accident waiting to happen

Parents/minders are allowed in the section. We were there the day after for the A and B class national and were only needed at a few sections thankfully as the two part course does mean a long hike between the end of one set of sections and the start of the second set. Where were the C/D sections???

I think the C&D sections were split in the same way. I ran round the whole lot three times with steel toe cap boots!!! Lesson learnt there!!

a parent ( catcher ) can enter the section when thier rider is riding to catch only,

parents are not aloud to walk the sections, ie no gardening etc, its hard enough for the riders without parents getting in the way,

Parents on bikes, i my apinion not a good idea, have you seen some parents ride bikes, could be a accident waiting to happen

There seems to be some confusion here, and it is probably down to the observer to decide what is appropriate and to the parents to be reasonable and use common sense. I asked an observer in the C&D round (I wont say which section) if I was alowed to walk the section with my lad and he said "no"... so I asked is it ok if I stand by the tricky bit incase he falls? and he said "not in the section means not in the section". So I obviously respected his wishes. The C&D entry isnt really that big so I dont see too much of a problem, but I can see how parents in the sections at and A&B round with a bigger entry could be a right pain in the preverbial for everyone. Most of the observers on the day were letting parents both walk the sections and act as catcher.

Not quite sure what you mean with the 'parents on bikes' comment YSB??? I dont think a parent who was not capable of riding or competent would consider taking a bike of their own even if they were allowed?!