Stourbridge Trial At Shatterford.

pete_scorpa3

We rode in the Stourbridge club trial at Shatterford this afternoon. "Be back in time for tea" I said as I lef the house at 12 o-clock.

What I didn't expect, nor did the hard working club members, was a bumper turnout of 72 riders! Didn't get home until 7pm!!!!

72 on a Saturday afternoon! It just goes to show how popular the sensible sections the the club sets out have become! Nothing dangerous, nothing really challenging, just a really well set out little club trial in a wood.... spot on!

It also helps when the weather is so good, first trial this year where I didn't wear a jacket at all. Thanks to all at the Stourbridge club. :D

• 4 weeks later...

It just goes to show how popular the sensible sections the the club sets out have become! Nothing dangerous, nothing really challenging, just a really well set out little club trial in a wood.... spot on!

I've just bought a 315R to get back into trials after a 15 year break. I'm glad to hear Stourbridge are still marking out sensible sections and it makes me wonder if I should have a crack at Howards Wood Yard on Saturday even though I only got the bike last Sunday and haven't ridden it yet. I'm hopefully going to get some practice in at Shatterford on Friday afternoon.... see if I've still got it! (I didn't actually have that much to lose!)

When I was trialing before it was mostly Stourbridge and Evesham club trials, they were both sensible but somehow Evesham always managed include some obstacles to get me out of my comfort zone!

The Stourbridge event at Howards Wood will be a good one to ride if you are a bit out of practice, I've got some LDT's coming up so I'm going to enter on my DRZ400 trail bike this week.

The Evesham club now put on three routes (as do we at Stratford) so you'll be ok at theirs on 19th April. Turn up and take a look at the sections, if you don't like the look of the harder routes, you can just ride around for fun on the C route and enjoy the day. ;)