Amal 622 On A '62 Bsa C15 - Jetting Question

beamish owners club

I have a 1962 C15 that I am converting to trials, I have junked the worn concentric carb and have bought an Amal 622 and a 1.5" long inlet manifold extension, it will be running PVL.

Is anyone else running a 622 on a C15 and can they tell me what jetting they use and what needle position they find best?

Hello, regards jetting etc, i have just spent the past two weeks doing the same, I have a bsa C15 trials fitted with a new 622 and PVL, after some nights of buggering about i have found it runs best on the following 106 needle jet, middle slot on needle, main jet on 140 and no3 slide. i am running a cone type air filter.

Hope this helps regards Bsaweezer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 622 which I have used on a 250 cub and currently on a 410 ajs. It has 2 stroke jetting and needle and runs perfectly on either bike. On the cub I use a 110 main jet and a 140 on the ajs. I also ran a 140 on my 500 ariel so I would suggest you run smaller than this on a 250 (try a 120). Other settings are 106 needle jet, no 3 slide, needle in middle.

• 2 weeks later...