Yamaha Mono Z Spokes

spokerider

My 84 Yam TY 250 mono has Z spokes with the gold colored rims. There is some lateral runout of about 7mm over 30 deg of the front wheel. How are these wheels for truing? I've never tried truing a Z spoke wheel before.

Also, is there a wheel from another bike......newer perhaps, or from another model of Yamaha or other make that would work on the ty 250? Wondering if replacing the whole wheel is any option at all?

Cheers.

7mm? I'd just use it to be honest mate, your tyre probably waves about by more than that! (Mine does anyway, it was a tubeless X11 so I had to run it with almost no pressure in there.)

My wheel is more bent than that now I come to think about it, the nipples are kind of integral to the rim now though, it's almost corroded away to nothing. :rotfl:

I'd just use it until it collapses or cracks.

7mm? I'd just use it to be honest mate, your tyre probably waves about by more than that! (Mine does anyway, it was a tubeless X11 so I had to run it with almost no pressure in there.)

My wheel is more bent than that now I come to think about it, the nipples are kind of integral to the rim now though, it's almost corroded away to nothing. :thumbup:

I'd just use it until it collapses or cracks.

Yeah, I'm definitly going to use it, wobble or not. I had to the bike shop for a new tire and the mechanic said that the nipples were too corroded to start twisting = breaking. Ain't going to be doing any high-speed stunts in any case...... :rotfl: