Xl185 Into Tl125

bigmike1961

Hi just a suggestion, assuming the gear shaft set up is similar to the TL125. the shaft runs through the engine and connects to the seclter drum behind the clutch, as your engine has obviously been moved around a bit I would check here first before taking engine apart. The 10 mm nut sometimes comes undone on the end of the selecter drum so things dont engage properly. I think you can get to this without removeing the clutch basket,but not sure.

good luck

TLTEL

Thanks, I'll try there first, The clutch cable seemed a bit dodgy (stretched) and I'm trying to work out the year for the engine to order a new one. The clutch plates were firmly stuck to start with when I first rode it but freed off with a bit of a bang so the clutch area was my first port of call.

• 3 weeks later...

David Silver Spares worked out the cable needed from the engine number.

However the sparks suddenly disappeared! Had a fiddle around with the pulse generator in the head and with the cover off it was generating sparks at the plug like a very sparky thing. Put the cover back on and nothing - not a sign of a spark. ordered a new pulse generator as the wiring was very tired, must be shorting out when the cover is on. I'll have to get the engine running before looking further at the gear selection problem. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by BigMike1961

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...