1966 Isdt Bsa

pat slinn

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know any information on the following machine. BSA 441cc Victor ISDT machine. Registered No HOE 14D. I rode this factory machine in the 1966 ISDT in Sweeden. I would love to know of it's whereabouts, and what it is doing now. I have enquired of the DVLA but they inform me that as was not the registered owner of the machine BSA were, they can not tell me where the machine is now or who the registered owner is. Basicaly the machine was a 441 cc Victor scrambler. It was modified for the ISDT, one of the striking features was a large alloy fuel tank basicaly the same shape as the standard Victor one. I do have a photo of the machine but for some reason my computer wont play ball with the "uploading" of photos.

Regards, Pat.

Hi Pat,

Although DVLA won't ever give out that sort of information to you, however they will give it to a member of the Police force!! . So 'hypothetically !!' if you, or anyone you knew had a good friend in the force, he could easily find the details out for you. However I'm sure that would be a terribly politically incorrect and wrong way of getting the information, and so any contact with the owner would have to be very discreet and diplomatic.

Hope you find it

Regards Paul B

HOE14D

Date of First Registration 15 08 1966

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 441CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BLACK

Vehicle Type Approval null

She's not taxed at the moment!

Big John

Hi Guy's,

Hi Big"J",

You are right The DVLA just keep you gessing, The last time the bike was taxed for the road was up untill June 1997, Lets hope it as not been turned into a classic scrambler , or chopped into a trials bike. I am hopeing that the bike is in someones private collection or in a motorcycle museum? or in the back of a garden shed, someone must know? or have a PoliceMan-Woman as a friend? that is kean on the history of the British Motorcycle industry of the past. The bike and rider should be reunited don't you think? just for one last time, if only for a picture of the two together. Lets find it guy's.

Regard's Charlie.

• 14 years later...

3 hours ago, Gian1 said:

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if there is anyone familiar with the brand who is able to give me information on this model.

Many thanks

bsa.png

Looks to be a really nice enduro version of a BSA 441 Victor Special 1966 -1970 

On 2/9/2024 at 9:45 PM, lemur said:

Looks to be a really nice enduro version of a BSA 441 Victor Special 1966 -1970 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The BSA 441 Victor special, as i know it, use to have oil tank under seat on right but this one have got oil tank in the frame with a cap in front of the fuel tank. Also the stand is on the right side and not on the left side, it’s look like a 441 GP model.

My question is : it’s a regulary producted bike or something assemble by someone?
Thanks you soo much to who will make me understand more

PS
I’ve found a similar one ( or maybe the same ) in the Book by Don Morley “CLASSIC MOTORCYCLES BSA” on page 111, but there is no description specific for the model.