Scorpa Easy 250 Running Problems

scorpaant

Hello

My brother has bought a 96 easy 250, but its having problems running. It has the dellorto phbh carb. When i got it the carb was filthy so i gave it a clean out but i could not get the flow bowl to fill up. On closer inspection i noticed that the float level was way too low and it was always shutting the flow of fuel as if it was full. I adjusted the float level and now the flow bowl does fill up. I managed to get the bike running, but found it would not tick over. I have adjusted the floats agin and it will now run fine when the choke is on. I have adjusted the mixture to get it just right.

I myself have the same bike, but mine has the keihin carb. Which carb do you all recommend? has anbody else had this problem?

any help is appreciated

Many Thanks

ant

Hi mate

Sounds like the pilot jet is blocked and idling on choke fuel my old bultaco had the same problem when the pilot jet got blocked up with grit coming from the tank it would cut out then only run with the choke on ..

try cleaning all the jets out again, take the fuel line off that runs from the carb to the petcock blow it out with compressed air .. then get one of those inline fuel filters and cut it into the hose so it sits between the tank and the carb .. they only cost about 3 dollars .. 1 pound 50

if you have the time .. take the petcock out of the tank and clean the tank out maybe its got some crap in it. also check the filter on the petcock isn't also damaged or blocked

hope that helps

cheers