Ty 157

kev99

bad news! your swinging arm bolt is seized in the spacer that runs between the pin and the swinging arm bushes. You will need to get a hacksaw blade between the swinging arm and the frame and saw through the swinging arm bolt to get the swinging arm out. You can then replace the bushes and you will obviously need a new pin and spacer. Trail and Trial Uk do a kit and i think its around

firstly Thanks for getting me out of the siezed spingle.after a few hacksaw blade breakages i was surprized how soft the bolt is.

i cant move it from the bush, but had an idea as to solve any more problems.why not make a soild bush and tap both ends to take 12mm bolts that way you could still have the grease nipple and should end the problem. any one and thoughts on this or am i just putting off paying

Edited by kev99

will get one made and send pics. just thought it was too simple,but it would be exactly the same as the siezed one i just took out.and only took that out to remove and reset the foot rest.

Kev,the solid bush idea sounds ok, I did think about getting one made from some kind of aluminum bar when I had the problems with mine, as the original bolt and bush does feel heavy .One word of advice is to double check the length of bolt required as my existing one needed a shim washer fitted to prevent the swing arm from locking up tight when the bolt was done up. So I say go for it and save your money.