Tyre Pressures For Front And Rear Wheels

brokeback

Been out of action for about 12 years and starting again to keep fit!! cant remember the correct pressures for competition use. Any sugestions? I think I used to run about 3lb in the rear, is that ok and what about the front?

Many thanks

Brokeback :P

Been out of action for about 12 years and starting again to keep fit!! cant remember the correct pressures for competition use. Any sugestions? I think I used to run about 3lb in the rear, is that ok and what about the front?

Many thanks

Brokeback :P

Tire pressures, like brand of beer or pickup truck, is a very personal thing, so you will get a lot of variables. We have a certain amount of rocks where I ride (which is, for a Trials rider, a good thing as they are BIG rocks) and I usually run 6 PSI front and 4 PSI rear.

Be sure to get a low pressure gauge, probably a 0-30 PSI max, and a 0-15 PSI is better. The standard 0-100 PSI gauges, even the good ones, usually have a minimum 2% +- callibration, so you can be 2 PSI off, not a big problem for a 44 PSI truck tire, but not good for a 4 PSI Trials tire.

Jon