Bicycle Blues

lmizell

I recently got one of the new Veritas bikes...a 26 inch. All aluminum frame with cable brakes etc. Sells for $349. I took it to Kansas for the last weekend of the Central Regional rounds and there was someone straddling it all weekend. We've had the 20 inch bikes and they will cause a "faceplant" really quick. The 26 inch is slow and makes falling much easier. If this sounds like a commercial, it is. But if I don't get the word out, they will be all sold to the bicycle folks before the REAL trials guys find out. anyway, sorry if sales info insults you, but you'll NEVER find a 26 inch bike like this for this price. ever. only 80 were made. I will be selling them till they are gone. Next batch will probably be more. they are made by Tank, but have tremendous improvements since their first effort. (which wasn't a bad little 20 inch)

Anyway enough rambling see it at

http://www.etcycles.com/trialsbicycle.html

Yeah, I have a hard enough time using the front brake on a bicycle, and don't need the added stress of mixing up the levers! I don't have to pedal for more than a few minutes and my leg muscles start aching. You'ld think MCTrials riding would build up some muscle there, it's just not the same.

Mostly just practice nose wheelies, moving the wheels around. My boys 13yr twins/ 12 yr/and 8 yr, can ride over big logs with the 26 inch bike. Gravity seems to work against me on the bicycle. I ride in the grass a lot as the landing is much softer.

les