Early Sherpa I.d. Help?

fish06

I've got an early Sherpa 250 that I want to restore but I'm a little unsure of the exact year, can anybody date this frame no for me?

B-1000550

I'm thinking it's a 66 but don't really know, the bike has the alloy rims, the tank was made in red gel coat then painted the Bultaco blue colour (was this standard practise?) Unfortunately the engine has gone "walkabout" but I know it was a radial head 4 speed.

The bike was never road registered, when new it was 1st prize in a trial in Aberystwyth (mid Wales) and the lucky winner didn't want it so sold it to the person I bought it off, I then left it in a barn for the last 18 years! (yes I know shame on me!)

Thanks Sparks2 and thanks to Bultaco UK for confirming my bike as either late 65 or early 66 (1965 &1/2 ?).

Can anyone tell me if all the model 10's came with the red and silver tanks (I've got the "American" tank) and were all the side panels unpainted alloy?

Thanks.

Hi

Yes, all the British model 10s came with a red and silver fibre glass tank. The earlier ones were a more rounded shape, later ones were more angular and a bit stronger but all were red and silver. The side panels were alloy with bultaco/sammmy miller stickers. They looked a million dollars at the time when new, compared to the Sprites, Greeves, Dots

and battered cubs.

Regards

Sparks2

Note model 10 mudguards where cut square and not round as in all the later Bultaco models. Enjoy the work!!!!

I'm probably going to have to make my own replica model 10 mudguards, did they have a raised bead (swage line) all around the outside or just at each end do you know? I can't tell from photo's. Thanks.

I'm probably going to have to make my own replica model 10 mudguards, did they have a raised bead (swage line) all around the outside or just at each end do you know? I can't tell from photo's. Thanks.

They did not had a raised bead aroud the outside. They make some replicas here in Spain, but the price is robbery. There are some very similar in the UK for a reasonable price. Just check the length.