Ajs Help / Advice Wanted

beamish owners club

I would appreciate some assistance on two AJS fronts if anyone out there can help.

Firstly, I have a firend with an AJS 16M (mag in the front) engine who is converting it to trials - any ideas on where to get trials cams? I am told that the ex-WD G3L cams are favoured but woud be interested to hear opinions and some help sourcing the parts.

Secondly, I have just purchased an AJS 37AT, a 1969 fairly rare beast that was partly assembled by Cotton using the Villiers 37A engine. It was only produced in 1969. I need a chainguard, airbox and left hand side panel or photos of them os I can have them made. Any information on this bike would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Jim, I have an AJS 37A/T original publicity brochure, You are welcome to borrow it!

Edgar Bros were agents for the two-stroke AJS in Edinburgh and I remember them competing up here on them OFS 12/13/14/15G were the consequetive registration numbers used. I think Ray Sayer rode one of those bikes in the 1969 or 1970 SSDT.

Big John

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jim, I think I can help you with a pair of cams an some other parts from a Matchless G3L, I think you can use thse on AJS engine.

I rode year ago when I was younger, a rigid matchless G3LC in trial in europe with great pleasure, I did rather hard sections with it.

If you want pistures from the cams, send me your mail adress.

Regards,

Christian