Aaron Does Endurocross

city trials

The following is a release from Pro-Motion Motorsports -

Pro-Motion Motorsports has announced the list of riders to compete in the Maxxis Endurocross.

"We have an excellent field of riders participating in this event," states Eric Peronnard, co-promoter of the Maxxis EnduroCross.

The current list of confirmed riders includes: Geoff Aaron, Destry Abbott, Mika Ahola, Bobby Bonds, Kurt Caselli, Cole Calkins, Ty Davis, Homero Diaz, Paul Edmondson, Anders Eriksson, Brian Garrahan, Patrick Garrahan, Guy Giroux, Sebastien Guillaume, Steve Hengeveld, Ryan Hughes, Jimmy Jarrett, Nathan Kanney, David Knight, Paul Krause, Jimmy Lewis, Robert Naughton, Bartosz Oblucki, David Pearson, Russ Pearson, Guy Perrett, Thierry Klutz, Juha Salminen, Lance Smail, Elmer Symons, Kellon Walch, Justin Williamson, Nathan Woods, and Chuck Woodford.

The Maxxis EnduroCross will take place on November 27th, 2004, inside the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. EnduroCross is the first Indoor Off-Road race of its kind in America and is an AMA sanctioned event.

Completely indoors, spectator and television friendly, with track obstacles to rival the most difficult conditions mother nature has to offer. Riders from across the United States, Canada, Italy, France, England and South Africa will be participating.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Am am impressed. Ryno's a pretty tough guy, but I really didn't think he'd thrive in that environment. Well done!

Any idea where Aaron or Perret ended up finishing?

Edited by JTT

I've read that Aaron was an absolute joy to watch ride the nasty stuff, probably just didn't have the speed or aggression for the faster bits. Apparently the course ate riders every lap. A big lead meant very little as it could all disappear on one obstacle.

Apparently that's exactly what happened to Perret. Holeshoted his semi, then got stuck in the rock pile and failed to qualify. :(

I found this on the Dirt Rider Website...

"I'm gonna do some cardio training for the first time in ten years after all that," said Canada's Guy Perrett after the LCQ, "Either that or switch to filtered cigarettes. I need to get some lung power back and I'll be in the main [next year] for sure."

Cubby, from the descriptions I got, Knight and most of the Euro Enduro guys for that matter, were super smooth and exceptionally good at this game. I think some might have been caught off by the extremely aggressive nature of a Pro SX rider like Hughes though.

That first pic on the RACER X site kind of tells the tale :(

Edited by JTT

Looks like a good event.

David is a mate, and they don't come much more aggressive....but a really nice guy with it....been out on Trials bikes with him many times and he is brilliant, and a former British Expert Champion, until he got disillusioned with trials and found a taste for speed!! Still only 25 or 26 as well.

I don't think he would be caught out like that again, and from reading the report sounds like he was the only one able to stick close to Hughes!

Cubby, I read his articles in TBM (Thanks to R2 sending them :( ) ...and have read of his results in the World Enduros, Weston Beach and such. Impressive results indeed. You don't get that far being timid, that's for sure :D

Is Juan Knight a relation? He was a former Factory GasGas Enduro guy, that recently retired, but I never really knew if they we actually related or not.