Water Pump Corrosion

chewy

This is first time in 40 years of trialing (i've had em all) that I have a fifteen month old bike (O8 Beta rev 3) with knackered casting due to corrosion at water pump I know I'm not the only one to have this problem why don't Beta adress the problem? I buy 2 new bikes every two years , after 2 engine rebuilds 2 stator plates in last 15 months this is just about the last straw! What is the clutch/water pump casing made of ( I guesse obvious answer is chocolate) but I have to consider weld & remachine repair as 2 casings are gonna be telephone numbers .

having also been on the receiving end of corrosion to beta casings the main cause is the lack of antifreeze. water alone seems to cause the corrosion.

the casings do seem a little poor though. maybe they should look at different materials for these problematic area's?

Have done a little research in meantime ..it appears that Beta have adressed this problem. Beta have changed the alloy since 08 production. cases were magnesium/aluminium alloy which I guesse would have been a few grammes lighter but!!! My bike appears to have been made "on the cusp" of the changeover date but once again Beta uk are prpared to replace under warranty. By time I get all these bits on the bikes they'll be too good to sell!