Pro 225s.how Many Are Out There?

benz19

Rode 225 again today in a great road trial!

Must admit i think i have lost my way a little..................?????????????????

I tried a Kehin carb on it for today,wow did it transform the response!!!!

Problem is its like a rocket now off the throttle,response is i would say too fast,carbrates really clean all the way thru range,just pulls really strong and revs up really quick,too fast for my liking!!!

Made it real hard to control on rocky stream climbs.

So,im not to sure what to do,...................The engine is still tight a new,only 8 hours on it at the moment,so this combined with the super response of the keihin may not help?

Also the gearing may be too low,all revs and no action if you know what i mean!

So im thinking of going back to the Dellorto until i have in excess of 25-30 hours on her,then try the keihin,also thinking of going to 10/42??

Just thought i would let you know my findings.

Benz

Cheers Rich.

Do you remember what jetting you ran with your keihin,plus did you ever run it with th delorto?

I remember reading that you put a 9 on the front and you said it transformed it,can you tell me how and why??

Thanks again mate!

Cheers Rich.

Do you remember what jetting you ran with your keihin,plus did you ever run it with th delorto?

I remember reading that you put a 9 on the front and you said it transformed it,can you tell me how and why??

Thanks again mate!

pilot 50 main 118 middle clip on the needle, is what GG UK recommended and it works a treat on my '07 200. Also running with 1 flywheel weight and the long header pipe, 9/42 gearing, I like it a lot. Smoother right of the bottom end and seems to grip better too.

I never ran the dellorto carb on mine but the bike needs jetting as a 125 to work properly. I have tried the 10/42 gearing and it just made 1st gear useable. I much preferred the 9/42 setup. I hardly use bottom gear on any bike to be honest but putting a 10/42 on would make bottom equivalent of 2nd with the 9/42 gearing and it would be a bit quicker on the road! The 225 definitely needs 2 flywheel weights on cos its a completely different bike to a 200!

Thanks for your comments guys!

Im going to try 10/42 this weekend at earl shilton,leaving the keihin on,only want to make one change at a time!

Keihin is jetted as 125,or at least as Kev recommended,48 piolot,125 main,jhh needle middle clip,air screw one turn out.

As i mention,the carburation was floorless,just a little too fast for my liking,at the moment anyway!

OFF TOPIC,

RICH hows the Raga 250 now???

Cheers

Benz

The Raga is mega, I still dont think its as fun to ride as the 225 though! If you are riding at earl shilton then try it in 1st and 2nd gear, you wont need any more than that there on any route!I would keep the dellorto on and see how you get on with it for a month or so cos the 225 barrel takes some bedding in to get it to its best.

Cheers Rich,

My mate had some tuition from you at the last training day at earl shilton i think?

He really enjoyed it!!!!

Ive rode earl shilton a few times,and have beenin the top 2 or 3 in the yellow route,sowill be interesting to see how 225 goes there,and yes ill stick with keihin for a while,but will try 10/42 this weekend :-)

Benz