Acu Licence

chrisw

Hi. I've recently taken up trials along with my 15 year old son. He fancies a beginner competition - I'm not so sure. We are memebers of a club so - can we just turn up, sign and pay? Or do we need an ACU licence?

Any help would be great

Chris

turn up at your first event with the form filled in and an envelope and the cheque for the acu the club secretary wil do the rest ( you'll have to join the club at the same time) say please and thank you,,,

Most clubs will let you do this, I certainly would at one of our club trials, however it might be a good idea to give the sec a call just to make sure. Strictly speaking you should be refused an entry until the ACU has recieved your application.

As I said, most clubs will be more than happy to let you enter.

Also, remember the photo for your first application.

Pete

Strictly speaking you should be refused an entry until the ACU has recieved your application.

True........................but how many times have you shown your ACU licence at a trial? I have had a licence every year and only ever showed it at the SSDT!!

I am not saying it is a waste of time as you should register with the ACU, its only a tenner, but there are a few people I know who never bother and ride week in week out, all well and good until something happens then who is liable? The rider for not having a licence or the club for letting him compete without a licence?

True........................but how many times have you shown your ACU licence at a trial? I have had a licence every year and only ever showed it at the SSDT!!

I am not saying it is a waste of time as you should register with the ACU, its only a tenner, but there are a few people I know who never bother and ride week in week out, all well and good until something happens then who is liable? The rider for not having a licence or the club for letting him compete without a licence?

The rider is VERY liable as he has committed fraud by lying on the entry form and if you know of people who don't pay the tenner I say shop 'em.

The rider is VERY liable as he has committed fraud by lying on the entry form and if you know of people who don't pay the tenner I say shop 'em.

But would you? Telling tales is not my game as you say the rider is liable so they run the risk!!!

Maybe the reason a club dosn't check is because it may be detremantal to their entries. ''Freedom of Choice'' go to a trial where they check your licence or go to an event where they don't, think the licence dodgers will make their choice.

I too don't understand as it is only a Tenner, but that is a few tanks of petrol on a Trials bike and Trials riders are tight :wacko:

The onus is on the rider to be affiliated and not on the club to check.

If a rider lies on their entry form and is injured that's their problem. The club will still be insured and the land owner will still be insured, it's only the rider that won't be.

Ah **** it then, no licence on day no ride....simple??? try turning up at Donny or Mallory race day without it and see how many laps you get? even though they know its cost you a minimum of 300 quid to ride

I'm out of the racing scene completely these days, however there used to be a rule that a road racing secretary could at their discretion (ie, if you'd ridden with them before) allow you to sign on without a licence. This carried a fixed

Hi,

Same situation myself. Just printed the form off from the ACU website last Wed, posted it to the club secretary. He signed and sent it off to the ACU. Got an email from them Fri saying it was being proccesed and I received my licence this morning. Four day turnaround at three different locations, I wish the DVLA were so efficient!!

Thanks for all the replies. Some good information there. I plan to ride Scarborough's easy trial tomorrow night and have a plod round with my son. I phoned the club secretary who is OK with accepting ACU forms and fee when signing in. I just wanted to avoid driving for an hour to find we couldn't take part.

Chris