Acu Licence

chrisw

• 4 months later...

The thing that bugs me about the ACU liecence is that it has to be signed by a club sec,why ? Its just a simple form for trials,or even if it was just for your first licence.I only ride two trials each year that are ACU and I cant see why I should have to get the club sec to sign it.I really dont object to the fee,thats no problem .

The thing that bugs me about the ACU liecence is that it has to be signed by a club sec,why ? Its just a simple form for trials,or even if it was just for your first licence.I only ride two trials each year that are ACU and I cant see why I should have to get the club sec to sign it.I really dont object to the fee,thats no problem .

Up here its because you have to be a club member before they will even give you the license form, the signature presumably proves that.

the "problem" (in part) with the ACU form is its a form for everything, that's why it's 6 pages long (and then there is a 2 page guide to hlep you fill it out), because you could be also getting your licence for Road Race, MX, Enduro, Grass Track, Speedway, etc, etc - where stuff like medical self certification does "waste" lots of space.

In part to resolve this there is now a two page Trials only form but your concerns is still valid.

The reason is as in the threads above to prove you belong to an ACU club, and for most riders it's rather simple - would help if all clubs were ready with their 2010 membership when the ACU sends out the renewals in October (because we haven't ever been at our club!).

Now this and other bits of it are very OTT when compared to say the AMCA day licence (that i remember filling in when i rode an AMCA trails 3or4 years ago) or the other federations that i see through MX and Enduro (ORPA, BMSA, YSMA, IOPD, etc, etc). The reason thus that we keep it like this is from a legal standpoint we are carrying out best practice, by gathering the information and making the rider answer/declare several things. some would propose that we are too lenient - for road race they make people go on a theory course, then wear hi-vis for the first few races, and then only after several races can you race real "road" course....

• 5 months later...

Hi James

Just go onto ACU Web site ( I just oogle ACU and there it is about 2 down)

On left hand side - under Resources - Click on Licenec & Forms

Click on TRIAL REGISTRATION

Uop should come 1 A4 sheet - Blue form - fairly simple

Print off and fill in - send in to ACU - or many ( most?) Clubs will accept them on the day/evening of event - and you can join that Club at same time - if you need to. Cost is

I spoke to the licence dept about this and they tell me that it is perfectly acceptable for a club secretary to accept a correctly completed trials registration form at the start of a trial and still allow the rider to compete that day.

Pete

Hi James

Just go onto ACU Web site ( I just oogle ACU and there it is about 2 down)

On left hand side - under Resources - Click on Licenec & Forms

Click on TRIAL REGISTRATION

Uop should come 1 A4 sheet - Blue form - fairly simple

Print off and fill in - send in to ACU - or many ( most?) Clubs will accept them on the day/evening of event - and you can join that Club at same time - if you need to. Cost is