Carbon Fuel Tank Shrinks On 315r?

highwing

Very strange......... on my 2000 315r, it seems over time that the two bolts that hold the fuel tank have been more difficult to install because after one is threaded, the other doesn't line up good!

I manage to get the thing mounted but it ain't right. The only thing I can think of is the carbon tank is shrinking over time, but I don't even know if that is possible. Am I going crazy?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Great site, by the way. I've picked up some great info and its been a big help!

Barry

Certainly shouldn't shrink, it hasnt been knocked on the mounting areas or i know it may be obvious but your mounting bolts are all ok and not bent?

But also it aint a sticker it is actually a carbon fibre look paintjob, as if you flick them over and look underneath you can see where the pattern fades away into overspray. The large capacityu factory ones were made of real carbon as we havd one that was Amos's. :wacko:

The tanks never been dinged (frame either) and the bolts are ok. When I put it in place I can eyeball the boltholes and see when one is lined up, the other is way off. I can barely see the frame threads on the off one.