250 Reeds

nottoogood

just got my custom Boyesen reeds in and installed (carbon fiber). After an initial scare (seems the carbon reeds raised the idle by about 4000rpm's!), tried them out in many conditions. Aside from the idle speed difference (easily fixed), no drastic changes...just noticable throtle response improvements at all rpms....much better at lower and higer revs. I no longer notice the percieved "reed flutter" at very high revs. Aside from the act of congress it takes to get at them...i definitely recomend this mod...and since I paid the initial "drafting" fee, they should be affordable.

i paid a hundred bucks...which included a custom engineering/cad fee....so im guessing a lot less than that. I think it really makes the power even smoother. My 2 cents.

..................well, thats all good news......did you get the dualstage reeds or the power reeds ?

I assume all use lucky folk after you will just request reeds for scorpa 250, right ??

Did you research the Vforce 3 reeds? Why did you choose the Boysen over Vforce? Was it a price reason? I believe the Vforce are more coin but are suppost to be better. I'm thinking about doing it to my Evo 290.

Did you research the Vforce 3 reeds? Why did you choose the Boysen over Vforce? Was it a price reason? I believe the Vforce are more coin but are suppost to be better. I'm thinking about doing it to my Evo 290.

what!!...you have an evo 290 and you want a set of reeds!...what in gods name for ??

hey, an IOCO -dude

• 7 months later...

Boyeson says;

"We have Boyesen single stage carbon fiber reeds available for the 2002-2007 Scorpa SY250. The price for the reed set is $50.95 USD + shipping.

(We do not have dual-stage reeds available for that bike.)

If you have any additional questions, or if you would like to place an order, please contact us.

Boyesen Engineering

8 Rhoades Road

Lenhartsville, PA 19534

USA

tel # 610-756-6818 / 800-441-1177

fax # 610-756-4102