New To Trials

cobra

Hi

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I went to my first trial on Sunday just to see what it was all about. I knew nothing about the sport other than what I had seen on TV. I got talking to a few people who were only to happy to pass on info and explain the rules to me, what a great bunch of people. I'm 42 and was looking for a new hobby so I've now persuaded my wife to make some room in the garage and i'm hunting for a bike.

I was wondering if there are any makes of bike that I should steer clear of and also what engine size should I go for? Any advice on how to get started would be apreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

I'm in a similar position to you . I'm coming back to trials after 35 years so like starting all over again. I Think the best advice is to try some bikes and see what you like. Stay away from the 270's 280's 290's etc , they will be too much bike for you. Where are you in the country? keep going along to a few club trials and there will be guys who will let you have a little go , it really is the best way

Hi Kluson

Thanks for your help. I live in n/w London and I'm searching the net for some clubs to go along to. I did speak to one guy who suggested maybe a 125 to start with. I guess it makes sense to shell out enough cash to buy something reliable and not have to worry about. On the other hand i'm thinking about buying a cheap bike to learn on and then upgrade later?

Its funny how this came about. I'm 42 now and as a young lad always wanted to do trials but never did. Now I have the bug again all because I went to a trial to watch..nice one.

Good luck with your trials comeback

Hi Kluson

Thanks for your help. I live in n/w London and I'm searching the net for some clubs to go along to. I did speak to one guy who suggested maybe a 125 to start with. I guess it makes sense to shell out enough cash to buy something reliable and not have to worry about. On the other hand i'm thinking about buying a cheap bike to learn on and then upgrade later?

Its funny how this came about. I'm 42 now and as a young lad always wanted to do trials but never did. Now I have the bug again all because I went to a trial to watch..nice one.

Good luck with your trials comeback

Thanks mate, let's keep in touch, let me know how you get on and I'll do the same. I just joined Waltham Chase , nice Club not so far from me. They have Saturday afternoon " Youth and Wobbler Trials" - Just what I need to get the confidence back -

good luck

Cheers

Dave ;)