Cotton 360 Ebay

mparrynorton

Hi Guy's.

Hi Mark,

I have been reading about these Barrels this week. I think it could be one that Mick Wittlock was developing for a company that built trials bikes down in the west country.Name slips my mind? (I know i'am getting old!!!!!!!). Il'e have a look later and then post it.

Regard's Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

Hi Guy's

Hi Mark.

Yes the barrel and head are the ones that were being developed for "Cheetah" by Mick Whitlock. After several attempts with the large bore, the barrel was scaled down to 246cc's. this was in 1966-7. If someone out there has a Cheetah frame lying about for the project it could be a bike that is rather unique. The last person to use one of these bike's in anger was Andy Geden, that was in 1997.

There you go then, that should help you sell the bike.

Regard's Charlie.

..the barrel on my Cheetah is a regular source of discussion when first viewed, with opinions varying from a machined down Greeves Anglian to a special Parkinson barrel and even DMW...

Could it be one of the specials produced by Mick Whitlock?? It would be interesting to know.

I have a picture of it in the "tc garage" if anyone would like to view and comment..

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....item&CID=83

Andy

Cough...

TC Forum rules....

"Advertising of ANY nature is strictly prohibited from these forums. Messages specifically advertising items, products, companies or services with the intent of financial gain by the poster will be deleted and the user banned with no further warning. This rule is firmly enforced. This also applies to Wanted Ads. Please do not post "Is anybody selling..." type posts. Trials Central provide a free Classified advertising system, accessible via the front page of this site for the purpose of private individuals buying and selling. Commercial advertising in any form apart from official Trials Central sponsor advertising is strictly prohibited on any part of this website."

Appreciate you wanting more info on the bike, but don't push the "For Sale" bit ;)

Hi Guy's

Hi Mark.

Yes the barrel and head are the ones that were being developed for "Cheetah" by Mick Whitlock. After several attempts with the large bore, the barrel was scaled down to 246cc's. this was in 1966-7. If someone out there has a Cheetah frame lying about for the project it could be a bike that is rather unique. The last person to use one of these bike's in anger was Andy Geden, that was in 1997.

There you go then, that should help you sell the bike.

Regard's Charlie.

Charlie

Mick Whitlock made the frames for the Cheeetah`s, for Bob Gollner, NOT the barrels, the barrels where REH,

Initialy if you bought a complete Cheetah kit bike ,it came with a Villiers 37a fitted with a greeves TES square barrel ,then to keep cost down there was an option to have it with the standard Villiers iron barrel, towards the end of Cheetah production ,you could have the REH alloy barrel,

about 1968, (at this time I think the Greeves square barrel was no longer available)

Robin Humphreys ,REH engineering, also made the front forks, and even a front disc brake in 1967,

the REH alloy barrel was quite large and round ,it got the nicknamed the dustbin due to its size

Andy ,you barrel does not look like an REH, unless someone has trimmed it a bit,

Mike

Edited by motomike