Advice On Sherco Clutch

cobra

Hi

I went to have a look at a 250 Sherco yesterday. The bike ran fine and was clean enough although when put into gear the clutch was siezed. It only took 30 seconds or so of riding to free itself although the bike had been riden earlier that day. I was just wondering if this is a common Sherco fault and should I steer clear of it. Once free the bike ran ok.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Lots of bikes do it.

It's exacerbated by the very low gearing - the clutch has little load on it in first or second.

Once you've flattened the garage door / ridden up the wife's car you learn to either point them away from everything or have the front wheel up against something solid before you first put them into gear when cold.

Don't let that put you off the bike, I had two Shercos and loved them, both had that 'feature'

Many bikes have this problem , especialy fantics. Simply rock machine and select top gear,engine stopped. Then tug bike backwards with clutch pulled in ,it will probably free straight away. Go backto neutral and all will be ok.