First Trial...

orange250

Ok, I know this could be posted in a different section, but somethings are gasgas specific and you all seem knowledgable and helpfull peple in here :lol:

Firstly thanks for helping me out so far and I have finally ready(ish) to enter my first trial this weekend. I have rode enduro for a few years, but never a trails comp.

A few questions:

How long will my gasgas 250 pro 2004 last on a tank and how much fuel should I look to take?

Can I turn my rear tyre to have the good edge forward? (I know this wont help braking).

I will be running 4psi in back and 5.5 in front. Any other hints and tips? what do they look for on scrutineering?

Thanks

Your bike should go about 18-20 miles on a full tank, if your trial is a multi lap say 10 sections four laps over about a mile course then do your first two laps,top up and that will do, you may even get away without re-fueling but be a shame to run out mid section on section 39 or 40.

Theres more chance of me beating Toni Bou one day then having your bike scruitineered, make sure though for your own safety the brakes work well,wheel bearings are good, chain is not too tight or slack and all major bolts are nice and tight,wheel spokes are tight and not bent bust

Everyone turns a tyre to give a better edge, its unlikely you will notice any difference on downhills or braking

Pressure is dependant on the type of tyre you have and the condtions terrain, 4 is good for rocks and the dry,2-3 for wet ****e and slippy, I always have 6 in the front any lower and the wheel rolls

Hope all goes well, take your time theres plenty of it at a trial, make sure you watch and learn lines before going into a section, many people take different lines, and see where people are getting on and off the throttle in a section,

You'll love it

Edited by The Addict

Unless the trial has a really long lap, one tankfull will do for the average club trial. Mix up and take five litres and you should be able to do two events.

Turn the tyre around, it won't do any harm.

Tyre pressures as you say.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :lol:

Pete