2 Stroke Vs 4 Stroke On Long Uphill Climbs...

corex

I no that on 07- downwards models, GasGas did have trouble with the bikes overheating, so in 08 they put a new radiator in them which stopped the problem, i have never had any trouble with my 09 300 overheating what so ever.

I didn't know that--checked the part numbers and you are right: the 08 has both a different fan (maybe it won't squeal so fast), and a different radiator (i did read about some quality issues on the early 08 rads).

The 08 frame seems identical to the 06. So I wonder if the 08 fan and rad would bolt on to an 06?

I didn't know that--checked the part numbers and you are right: the 08 has both a different fan (maybe it won't squeal so fast), and a different radiator (i did read about some quality issues on the early 08 rads).

The 08 frame seems identical to the 06. So I wonder if the 08 fan and rad would bolt on to an 06?

I image you wouldn't have a problem fitting the rad on an 06, i would say they're expensive though, or there is an alternative GMX rad which is even bigger!

http://www.trialendurodirect.com/products/...iators_289.html

It's interesting, I just acquired an 04' GasGas300 and ride at altitude like uhoh7, I have not overheated yet. Through testing the past three days in a row, two days ago it was 80 degrees at 9000' and climbed from 7000'-9000' in a hurry with no overheating, same with the two other days of riding. Granted my fan works properly right now, the bike has performed like a champion! I have moved the needle down one clip and plan on working on the jetting as I believe it could be better as I purchased a bike that was ridden in Eastern Washington, about 2000', it seems to run a bit rich right now.

P1060648.jpg

I image you wouldn't have a problem fitting the rad on an 06, i would say they're expensive though, or there is an alternative GMX rad which is even bigger!

http://www.trialendurodirect.com/products/...iators_289.html

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try and get a GMX---have you seen one? Do they take the standard fan?

Macalooney, you are too high, hehe.

P1030695.jpg

Edited by uhoh7