Stoney Lonesome Roll Call!

sam

Stoney Lonesome 2 day is having there 25th anniversary, I have talked to many riders who say they are attending. Should have a attendace of 70 + riders, I have 2 brand new riders myself entering.

The property is awsome, with bike wash, showers and connsession!

http://www.trialsinc.org/?trigger=sch2&ID=31

Mark your calender.

sam

Edited by Sam

I've raced alot of Hare Scrambles at Stoney,I'll be coming to the trials to spectate,never been to a Trials event before,I do need to watch one before entering! (And get around to finishing up my Fantic!)I need to see how sections are laid out,I've got a co-worker who has 80 acres and he wants to set up some trials sections on his property,We're likely to run a Hare Scramble at his place next year,I'd like to convince him to do a trials too,His property is about 50 miles west Of Stoney.

I'm also a volunteer at RedbirdSra and can lay out trials sections there too(about 75 miles wset Of SL)

HTRDOUG,

Hey, do not spectate, Ride!!! We could possibly find a loaner bike or just ride your HareScrambler moto. There was a Kid from Indy last year who rode a YZF250 to get a feel for the EnduroCross in Columbus, Ohio. He had a great time!

I REPEAT! You do not need a trials bike to ride the Novice/Open Class, Enduro, Trail, Mxers work just fine. Besides you can get around the loop and check out the sections and get a little loop time. All you need is a valid AMA card and $20.00 to ride. One of are friends has signed up to ride the loop and take pictures.

see ya there.

sam

Oh my Fantic 240 rides ok,just kinda rat,plans to fix it up over the winter so it's presentable.

I haven't Hare scrambled in 10 years(Farked up my shoulder real good and had to stop high speed riding)and mainly just stuck to street and built myself a Jeep

Every time I've had the 240 out it's had a little bugaboo pop up that would screw up you ride at a event,I'll try to get it out this weekend and see if she's passable(Last time out I saw cracks in the intake and air filter boots and had to order them from Bob Wright(got them quick once I gave them a call)

Can I just sign up for the AMA on the morning of the event at the site?(Mines expired)

Is there a twinshock class?

Is it ok If I 5 every section? :mellow:

I'm also hot to buy myself a Air Mono but need to save up a little 'cause I just bought myself a KTM LC4e Dually

Edited by htrdoug

HTRDOUG,

Sounds like you will fit right in are trialsbike gang, will be grilling on Saturday night, so bring something to burn on the cooker and your favorite beverage!

SANDBAGGER,

Stop being a bully and threatening the competition or we are sending you over the gas drums with out a spotter next practice!

Sam,seeing that your from New Paris,do you remember The Maico dealer that was there around 1980 or so,I used to buy all the shifter T-bars he had for my Maico 125,he took pity on me I guess and sold me a four year old AW440 for $250 bucks...can't remember his name but he was a great guy.(I lived in Warsaw for a few years late seventies to early eighties)

Edited by htrdoug

Hey Sam,

I am heading down there for a bachelors party across the street from Stone in the state park. Do you know if anybody will be down there working over this awesome labor day weekend? I might stop on over just because.

Sandbagger....

Look at you acting all confident.... I remember it was just the other week where i witnessed a groan man sobbing to death... hahahahahahaha

Htrdoug,

Bring the fantic... If its one thing trials riders are not its fashion conscience. Gaurd your eyes because i am about to show you what the world round guys wear....

p6101622.jpg

No social skills what so ever this bunch.... hahahahaha

--Biff

• 3 weeks later...

Well,I rode my first trials yesterday and absolutely loved it!!I was the only Vintage class bike so I was even able to take home some Brass!

The GasGas guys from Northern Ohio saved my day by giving me a cable end when my front brake cable lost it's soldered on one.

Made a few dumb mistakes causing some fivers,but rode the middle sections of the loop fairly clean except when I was yaking with a guy just before starting in and took off in 4th gear,couldn't get downshifted quick enough and dropped it :D where I shoulda cleaned the section.

I totally suck at tight turns,but have a post next to a tree next to my garage to practice at home on.

stoneylonesome021.jpg

stoneylonesome006.jpg

Gonna have to fix up a few things on the Fantic,right fork leg is trashed and the seal won't hold (and carry some spare cables)but all in all the old bike did ok for me.

Vintage ran the novice line,there was nothing risky for my beat up old body,but I was stinkin' tired as hell when I got home,I passed on going back today as the guy who was going to come with me bailed due to the rain(I wasn't going to ride,not good enough to handle mud yet)

Gonna have to save up and find myself a more modern ride to go along with my Vintage,I think it'll speed up my development(If that's possible for a 50 yr old :rotfl: )

doug

(note how my fashion sense is completely opposite of the previous example)

HTR ;

Glad to see you got out to ride ! And A big thanks Again for that puller you sent me , Works on both the fantic 50 and the Cranks on my Fantic bicycle !!!!

Glenn

I had never even attended a Trials to even watch!But I am major hooked,I purposely waited until the Stoney event so that I wouldn't have to drive four or five hours just to find out it wasn't for me,If I'd have entered the Novice class I'd have finished second against the modern bikes...