Stoney Lonesome Roll Call!

sam

Htrdoug,

Glad you made it down and i am totally bummed that i didnt make it. We have an event up near ann arbor michigan in a couple of weeks and if your down its a bit of a haul but come and ride. We have plenty for you up in Michigan. Viva la Fantic!

--Biff

I'm trying to locate a set of forks for the Fantic right now,her previous life in the southwest left her battlescarred to the point of unrepairable.I thought about just draining the right fork and putting 20 weight in the left side :D

I also have some home projects I'll be starting on that week(Oct 11th,right?) and really can't be running off that weekend.My plan is to fix her up over the winter and riding as many events as I can next year. I'd also like to save up and buy about a $2k "modern" bike to step up my progress(but I think I'd like to compete on my 240) Just bought myself a KTM LC4e dualsport recently which tapped out my splurge money for awhile,actually considering selling my offroad only Jeep TJ that I've only had out three times this year,It goes like hell,climbs things I can't on my trials bike,I might get 33 cents on every dollar invested in return on selling it though...Jeep=(J)ust (E)mpty (E)very (P)ocket!

What a great time! So cool to see so many new riders and 12 XC guys who rode there own class on Saturday, Jonny Robbins took the overall on his KTM 250.

Nice to meet you Doug.

sam

Well,sorry that I just spoke to you briefly at section six(I think it was six) I meant to look guys you up afterwards but had no idea I'd be so tired,sucks to get old...

Glenn,When I come back in from the garage tonight I'm gonna start researching what I can sell the Jeep for...

We have all been there htrdoug. Autocross was my vise before coming back to trials. Craisglist that cj and let us know if you need any help in the fantic post. You will find that 20w goes along way. Hope to see you in dayton in november.

--Biff

Dayton's in October,isn't it? I don't think I'll be able to make that one due to family commitments,after that weekend I may be fairly able to run away to trials,I have some home projects to do mid october,taking a vacation week to do them but I'm so amped up to ride another event before winter I may just come ride anyway,projects be dammed!

I think I maybe able to get by without selling my TJ,I rooted around in the garage tonight and found all the stock parts for the original top and the spreader bars for the windshield,I'll just cut out the front section of my rollcage and put the stock stuff back on(windshield won't fit back on unless I cut my front cage out) then I'll take off the 36 inch tires and put a set of 31's I have back on(have a minimal lift setup) and pull off the tube fenders and put the stock ones back on.I had replumbed the evap system so I wouldn't get a check engine lamp rather than pitch it like all the hillbillies do and I still have the catalytic converter on,Just gotta find where that airbag module went.I'll put the ford TractionLoc limited slip back in the 8.8 and sell the detroit locker.I should be able to get enough for my tires(actually Q78 Swamper TSL's,never seen pavement,full depth tread) plus the detroit,front cage section and tube fenders to pay for getting her back to "mall crawler" ready,then I won't need to look for a winter car(My only driver right now is a 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually)

The jeep will still be a damn good offroad ride,I'll just have to go out on the trails with a different group.plus I can drive her to work again!(liked driving a stinkin' 4 cylinder Jeep so much I sold my 5.0 once I got the Jeep)

That'll free up future money for trials expenses like multiple bikes...trips to events...maybe a bit of trials kit plus a nosering....

htrdoug Posted Yesterday, 07:41 PM

a nosering....

That one little piece of kit for trials is the most important part. It is an absolute must for every rider, especially for those that are new to the sport.

:D

Glad you are enjoying yourself and you are definitely HOOKED!!! :D

Edited by ZIPPY