Suspension Set Up

joshhewitt7

when you get a new bike do any of you play with the suspension and set it up nice ?

its just i have a 125 sherco from brand new and have never bother playing with the forks and rear susp and to be honest its as stiff as a board !

i also have a 290 sherco which was previously owned by a british championship competitor and i seem to be able to ride that sooo much better as its just really bouncy !! i can do all sorts on that 290 that i cant do when i get on the 125 !

so i just wanted to know how do you go about making your bike nice and bouncy :rolleyes:

do you need to sofen the front ? if so usually how many clicks on the screw on the top mof the forks?

and does anyone ever even bother with softening the rear or making it harder ? not sure which one makes it bouncy aha

any help would be great

sorry about the essay !! aha

cheers

Edited by joshhewitt7

when you get a new bike do any of you play with the suspension and set it up nice ?

its just i have a 125 sherco from brand new and have never bother playing with the forks and rear susp and to be honest its as stiff as a board !

i also have a 290 sherco which was previously owned by a british championship competitor and i seem to be able to ride that sooo much better as its just really bouncy !! i can do all sorts on that 290 that i cant do when i get on the 125 !

so i just wanted to know how do you go about making your bike nice and bouncy :)

do you need to sofen the front ? if so usually how many clicks on the screw on the top mof the forks?

and does anyone ever even bother with softening the rear or making it harder ? not sure which one makes it bouncy aha

any help would be great

sorry about the essay !! aha

cheers

I think many may back off the dampening screws most all the way, then in a couple clicks! :rolleyes:

I backed my rear dampening off one click and never touched the front. My 08 was very stiff from new compared to my old 2000,and I didn't like it at all, but they do come good and soften with more riding.

It should have about 20 to 30mm static sag (that's standing on its' own with you off it) ,from fully topped out.

A new bike every year would be nice, but taking a few months for everything to settle down would be frustrating.

How old is your bike?