Ty175 With Ty250 Forks... What Length Shocks?

newtotrials

Just picked up a set of TY250 forks for my TY175. I know tytrials recommends going to longer shocks and then dropping the stock forks flush with the top clamp. However with the 250 forks should one still go with the longer shocks or standard length?

Thanks in advance for your help!

All you have to do is compare the lengths of the TY175 and TY250 forks to see where to run the Ty250 forks. From memory the TY250 forks are about 20mm shorter overall.

Yes, that seems about right. Most likely new shocks of the same length would be the best setup so I think that's what I will go with.

Thanks!

I just measured my TY175 and TY250 twinshock forks and found that they are the same length, not 20mm different as I had thought.

Really!? Very interesting...

I think I am going to go with the standard length shocks and the forks set up flush. I can play with them from there by either dropping the forks down in the clamps or laying down the shocks to raise the back end... or both LOL!