Canadian Trials Consultative Group (c.t.c.g.) Start Up Invitation

ringodog

from the: Canadian Trials Consultative Group (C.T.C.G.)

The C.T.C.G. is in the progress of being formed and will be initially comprised of one representative from each province however BC and AB will have multi reps during the start up phase. How the group functions, its future structure and mandate will be decided democratically by the group once it's up and running. Quite simply the group will discuss trials related issues and of course each representative will bring these issues back to their provincial riders for feedback. The C.T.C.G. has no decision making powers and is consultative in nature.

Initial provincial representatives to get started are:

Ontario - Bob Abell

Quebec - Martin Roy

Saskatchewan - Derek Thomas

Moderator/C.T.C.G. Site Admin - Bob Billyard (non voting): role to reviewed / reassessed by the C.T.C.G.

The C.T.C.G. is inviting a representative from British Columbia and Alberta to participate. Of course any other province wanting to participate is more than welcome, growing our sport is very important. Each province will selects their own representative.

Please register at http://ctcg.forumsland.com/ctcg.html

Work currently in progress:

Initial discussions and feedback with BC / AB perspective clubs and reps,

CTCG "Start Up" Terms of Reference: Completion date: Dec. 1 / 09 or to be decide by CTCG

1. Provincial Reps to be appointed by their riders to the CTCG - (note: Riders from BC and AB have both indicated that unifying under one provincial rep is not possible. Respecting that issue in this start up phase multiple reps from BC and AB will be accepted on a temporary basis to start dialog.)

2. Develop Code of Conduct

3. Develop a Mission Statement.

4. Develop a Terms of Reference for 2010.

5. Decide on a need for a moderator / where and how communication will take place.

6. Finalize structure of CTCG. i.e. how many reps, moderators role?

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Since the CTCG start up in October three more representatives have joined. I would like welcome Stephan Vallee representing Nova Scotia, Spencer Fitschen President of the Canadian Pacific Trials Association (CPTA) in BC and Heather Wall representing the 2nd Gear club in Alberta. The CTCG has put together a Terms and Definition work sheet that in part captures all active clubs and competing riders plus their sanctioning affiliation. I am happy to pass along that current active riders represented by the CTCG is 80% based on our present numbers, in addition other clubs in BC have shown interest, hopefully we

Borus/Ringo or Bob - Whichever name you are using - I think the figures you post are misleading as your "Reps"

are only members of the clubs they belong to - they can only speak for themselves, until such a time as there is

a vote on any issue or recommendation., by those clubs.

Borus/Ringo or Bob - Whichever name you are using - I think the figures you post are misleading

you think wrong, the figures are from the reps themselves and take into consideration all competing riders in canada, they're the most accurate numbers we have and will be updated as we move forward.