Flint Hills 2-day, Rounds 7-8 Central Regional Trials Championship

grooster

What a great day we had today! 90+ riders, fantastic weather, great sections for morning & afternoon riders, and Pat Smage, too! The quarry was jumping with riders from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennesee, Kansas, Oklahoma, & Texas (the pits were packed!). The annual bike launch went off smoothly as did dinner, too. Tomorrow promises more of the same. Dale Malasek brought the 2010 Gas Gas for everyone to see and it was nicely priced, too.

If you couldn't make this year's event mark your calendar for next year! I'll try to post a picture or two later...

Greg

What a great day we had today! 90+ riders, fantastic weather, great sections for morning & afternoon riders, and Pat Smage, too! The quarry was jumping with riders from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennesee, Kansas, Oklahoma, & Texas (the pits were packed!). The annual bike launch went off smoothly as did dinner, too. Tomorrow promises more of the same. Dale Malasek brought the 2010 Gas Gas for everyone to see and it was nicely priced, too.

If you couldn't make this year's event mark your calendar for next year! I'll try to post a picture or two later...

Greg

Oh hell, I knew there was something I was supposed to do this weekend!!!!!!

Greg

Hi Greg!

I didn't get many photos as I was taking care of bottlenecks and checking sections, but got a few. I can't upload them as the site upload program insists a resized 122 Kb photo file is larger than the 2MB max upload size and no amount of pleading will work (and I'm REALLY good at pleading....) The bike toss was neat as usual. I had the ramp angle, approximate velocity of subject and drop to surface all figured out and, as usual, the red missle went in the opposite direction, but I'm bringing one of my computers next year....:ph34r: At least I was smart enough to park well away from the bonfire this year........

Weather was perfect, good moisture in sections and everybody had a great time. The four-state CRTC events are really fun to be at. Each club goes out of it's way to make out-of-state riders feel welcome and the clubmembers always take good care of the riders and spectators. Pat Smage put on a great show for everybody. In one of my sections, and with Brad Villand's astute coaching, I think he hopped on every huge rock in the section just for fun, and came out with a clean.

Jon

"I didn't get many photos as I was taking care of bottlenecks and checking sections, but got a few. I can't upload them as the site upload program insists a resized 122 Kb photo file is larger than the 2MB max upload size and no amount of pleading will work (and I'm REALLY good at pleading....)"

Got it sorted out now, here's a few photos. Mike Peterson made the cool over-all trophies, a compass/weather vane.

post-2532-1257961648.jpg

post-2532-1257961672.jpg

post-2532-1257961691.jpg

post-2532-1257961727.jpg

post-2532-1257961840.jpg

post-2532-1257961855.jpg

Nice pictures ya got there!

Glad to see some of the afternoon rider's sections. I didn't get a chance to take many photos in the morning as I was working the bottlenecks and no photos in the afternoon as I was checking. It looked like everybody was having a good time!

Jon

Thanks for sharing the pics! In roadracing, they always taught us to turn the head and look through the turn. From that pic, I may be looking too far through the turn for trials. :icon_salut:

Another great Central Regional Series event. Thanks AVTA for putting on the KS round. I'm amazed at how good the trials riding is in OK, KS, MO and TX.

Thanks for sharing the pics! In roadracing, they always taught us to turn the head and look through the turn. From that pic, I may be looking too far through the turn for trials. :wub:

Another great Central Regional Series event. Thanks AVTA for putting on the KS round. I'm amazed at how good the trials riding is in OK, KS, MO and TX.

I know from years of photography and working with top-level professional riders that the more advanced they are, the farther they look ahead to the next obstacle, jump or turn. Looks like you're ready for the Master Class, Charles.....:icon_salut:

Jon

Sometimes I think the week after our 2-Day is the hardest! I'll have results posted this afternoon (11/15/2009) as the wife is in Kansas City shopping and I'm finally finished with my honey-dos. Jason Carpenter will have the final results of the CRTC to me and I'll get them posted to our website promptly following. A huge round of thanks to Jason & Marc Carpenter for running the CRTC this year! Well done!

Jon, the trials DVDs are GREAT! Thank you again and for the kind words about the CRTC, too. At our club meeting Wednesday, everyone noted that this had to be one of our best events ever thanks to the great turnout and hard work of the club and their families.

Fantastic pictures and unbelievable weather - we have rain and a brisk 45 degrees today! Tiffany and I got a chance to ride on Wednesday at the quarry after a very light rain. That tough off camber turn in the Pines was practically impossible now. Charles, you remember that turn, eh? Wes, thanks for the pictures of #3 on Saturday - those concrete stairs gave a bunch of guys some trouble!

Greg