Flint Hills 2-day, Rounds 7-8 Central Regional Trials Championship

grooster

Those concrete stairs were scary! They didn't give me a problem the first 2 times, but my approach was off the third time. I thought I was going to clean it that time too. The first turn at the entrance got me for a point the first 2 times. The turn after the stairs was damn tricky, it felt like I was going over the bars everytime.

Jon, you should've come out to play at the Bay on Sat. We had a good group. Ron was demoing some big stuff for a couple newbies I brought out.

Neil, did you go to the Tish event? If so, how was it? I would've liked to have attended but needed to stay close to home. I love Tish. Its definitely one of my favorite venues. But, it wouldn't be my first choice of where to begin competing as an intermediate.

Greg, I remember the turn very well. It was responsible for my best and worst memories of Saturday's trial. It was TOUGH dry! I can't imagine cleaning it in the mud. Were any of the Wednesday crew able to clean it when it was wet?

BTW NEOTT is having an event at App Bay this Sunday. After yesterday and today's rain, the sand should be packed nicely.

Jon, you should've come out to play at the Bay on Sat. We had a good group. Ron was demoing some big stuff for a couple newbies I brought out.

BTW NEOTT is having an event at App Bay this Sunday. After yesterday and today's rain, the sand should be packed nicely.

Sorry to miss the ride as I was in Dallas. I'll miss the event this month ( the Bay is always a really fun place to ride) as I'll be in Utah for a week and after I get back I'll be out to Florida during the next event. Just want you guys to know I haven't packed Trials in, I'm just running all over the place and I can't wait to get back to riding again. The new year should see a break in my schedule so I'll be able to make the events! Darn, after 14 years of retirement, I may have to get a job to get any rest....:chairfall:

I know you guys will fall down a couple of times in my honor.........thanks!

Jon

Charles, I think the only clean was by Dale Reynolds - and only once. Tiffany and I practiced the entrance until we were exhausted (ok, until I was beat). The turn was just too greasy to make.

App Bay sounds like good fun on Sunday. I'll see what I can do about making that...info is on the NEOTT site, right?

Greg

It doesn't surprise me that Dale is the one that would clean it.

The info for Appalachia Bay Penninsula is on the NEOTT website.

The trials master for this event is trying something different. Those that favor a very short loop and like to watch the other classes ride should love it. Basically, he's only using 3 areas of the peninsula and the areas are close together. Each area will have 3 sections and all classes will ride the same sections. Split cards will be used to separate different lines for the classes. All classes will be riding in the morning. He's trying this format to allow the riders more opportunities to watch others. Should be fun.